Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a set of NGK's for my 999......CR9EIX iridium.....problem is that the terminal is threaded, not solid as the EB's are. Can the plug be used as is ? I just ass-u-med that it was a solid. Correct part# for the 999 anyway.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Have a set of NGK's for my 999......CR9EIX iridium.....problem is that the terminal is threaded, not solid as the EB's are. Can the plug be used as is ? I just ass-u-med that it was a solid. Correct part# for the 999 anyway.
The solid terminals are usually included with the plugs in the box. You can reuse the terminals on your old plugs (assuming they have a threaded core). Would not recommend using without the terminals, may not fire, and if it does, could cause your coils to burn out prematurely

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The solid terminals are usually included with the plugs in the box. You can reuse the terminals on your old plugs (assuming they have a threaded core). Would not recommend using without the terminals, may not fire, and if it does, could cause your coils to burn out prematurely
Yeah, I called NGK tech support and asked them why they would make a plug for the Ducati 999 that doesn't work. It does need the terminal nut to work the guy said (laughed) and further stated that they were discontinuing that plug. Hey, he said I can get them from some place in CA for 10 cents a nut, $4 postage if I wanted them......what a F*%ing deal!
So the CR9EB are fine, CR9EIX will need terminal nuts.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just unscrewed them from another set of used NGK plugs I had lying around. If you're really desperate, you can buy the cheapest NGK plug that has the correct terminal and transfer them over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts