Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 hypermotard 1100 evo sp.
Custom made header back to double Termi undertail
Power commander
Dyno tune
MWR I think it is intake (cut airbox in half and bolted onto it)
Carbon fiber all around
H2O oversized oil cooler
What should I get next? Anything to make it run smoother or faster?
Already ordered aluminum subframe.
Was thinking of doing like a billet pressure plate and springs.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Slipper clutch. I'm happy with my Kbike slipper clutch. They have 2 versions. Adjustable and non adjustable. They are a great value as well. Made in Italy. Not as costly as most. Check them out at BLACK LABEL MECCANICA, INC.
Or bellisimoto
Black lable is cheaper though. Complete slipper clutch, basket and plates for like $550.

Light weight flywheel will make it feel snappier and easier to toss around.

520 chain conversion is a great way to drop a couple lbs off your rotating mass.

Those are the next best bang for the buck in my opining. I have done them all and each made a marked improvement.

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2012 comes with a light weight fly wheel stock. I really don’t wanna convert to narrower and aluminum Because I’ve torn teeth off in the past on other bikes. I was thinking subframe

·
Registered
295 Posts
Many good aftermarket performance chains like the ERV3 chain is rated far beyond what the hypers can put out. In fact the track Ducati V4's and the V4R run the 520 chain as does the new 950sp. I'm pretty confident that your previous bike didn't make 230hp 520 chain is more than capable. Aluminum carrier with steel superlite sprocket keeps the durability on par with OEM, this is what I'm suggesting. Here is my wright up I did a little while ago when I did the conversion. Sprockets OEM vs JT carrier n Superlite steel side by side Aluminum sprockets are known to wear out quickly and even pull teeth. What I am suggesting will drop more than 1 lb off the rotating mass which is something you will feel. Even though your bike uses the flywheel from the 848 sportbike it is still heavier than needed. Nichols makes a light flywheel as does kbike . I would recommend staying away from aluminum flywheels . They are known to come apart on street applications.
Another option is to add aftermarket velocity stacks.
I feel like you are answer shopping with all the posts directed at increasing power on this specific bike . Many great options have been suggested with the majority being rejected for vague reasons. Almost every engine builder that is focused on numbers run an aftermarket light flywheel. They all also usually run the 520 chain conversion.

Tell us what you want us to suggest and we will tell you if it's a smart move. Many mods are designed to work with other mods to get the most out of the combination .

Real world realistic performance gains are achieved by reducing rotating mass, wheels, flywheel, tires (17 vs 16.5 wheel n tire, 310 vs 320 rotors), chains/sprockets etc. If you are willing , port n polishing the head, high compression pistons, knife edge the crank and rebalance with new parts, micro polish the gears in addition to the other things you have along with the other things I suggested and you will be running the motor at its peak performance .

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe my evo sp comes with a lightened flywheel. Now they make lighter ones but mine is like 2 pounds I think I read. So I am looking for performance upgrades. I want to
Make it faster so when I ride with my buddies who have gsxr750s and 1000s I don’t get smoked as soon as we get out of the turn. With the addition of the MWR intake which replaces velocity stacks and I actually like and stay with, I keep up with them coming out into the straights until we hit 130. I just got the tune and pipes so I imagine I’ll be right there with them now. I want a little more and have money to spend.
What’s the next thing I can upgrade after dyno tune ecu full pipes. I was thinking aluminum swing arm for the 20 pounds, but what other options do I have. I heard chain and sprocket conversions to aluminum 520 make a difference. Any other easy ways to she’s some weight?
more add some horsepower?
Idc if the front wheel comes up in ever gear I will worry about that I want more power. Or is the next step heads and a big bore?
Oh I also have the billet pressure plate clutch springs kit. Thoughts? And please include estimated cost to do the mod in question. Thank you

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would recommend considering a lighter fuel source: replace gasoline with hydrogen. Much lighter and more combustible.

Plus if you crash, you will truly cut their lines and smoke Em’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about a track day so you can learn how to properly put down power coming out of a corner.
I’m not new to riding been riding for 17 years. I ride the balls out of my duc but the gsxr 750 in that year makes 155 hp and definitely beats me in a straight line

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Well if your that fast....shouldn’t some factory be providing you with something more appropriate than a Hyper? You know, more commiserate with your skill? Like a V4R or D16?

Reactions: t-bills

·
Sophomore Member
2,799 Posts
Sorry, didn’t realize I was talking to Marquez.

I did my first track day after riding for 10 years. I thought I was fast. Turns out, there was a lot I could learn. I’m a hell of a lot faster now than I was then, and there is still a lot for me to learn. Last track day I was at, Team Hammer showed up. Let me tell you, nobody on track was fast compared to those guys. Everyone wanted to watch them to learn something.

If all you care about is top speed, you are on the wrong bike. The Hyper is never going to have 150-200 hp. Get a Hayabusa. Stretch that shit. Turbo it. Spray it. Go full gixxer bro. But if you want to be a faster rider, go learn how to ride properly.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The 2012 comes with a light weight fly wheel stock. I really don’t wanna convert to narrower and aluminum Because I’ve torn teeth off in the past on other bikes. I was thinking subframe
If you can get one.....shops advertise them but i only know of one thats actually turned up...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
7075 aluminum sprockets with industrial annodizing are plenty strong. What kills aluminum sprockets is improper chain maintenance. I have run them on all of my heavier, much higher horsepower bikes without issue.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You should plan to do some motor work (big bore/high comp piston set and port/polish). This can literally be done in a week if you line up your machining correctly or over the course of a weekend if you buy a core heads and cylinders.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I love how your answer is buy another bike. Why don’t you post on someone else’s chain since you think your the next Rossi. I have 3 friends who race 600s and the ONLY thing they do that lets them pull on me is late braking. I’m already putting a 1098 in my other hyper. And if I wanted my ass to catch on fire I’d buy a v4 because when I road it there was some serious heat issues under the seat.
for those who actually gave helpful responses thank you. I have contemplated the 520, does it really shave that much between chain sprockets flanges cusp etc ?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fast gas how much you think big bore will set me back? I saw heads for sale for 1800 all done up but I imagine there’s more to it. My 1098 won’t be done until fall because my shop is swamped but I’m not giving up on this project since the rolling chassis for the 1098 is an s and this bike is an evo sp with better suspension and brakes

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry, didn’t realize I was talking to Marquez.

I did my first track day after riding for 10 years. I thought I was fast. Turns out, there was a lot I could learn. I’m a hell of a lot faster now than I was then, and there is still a lot for me to learn. Last track day I was at, Team Hammer showed up. Let me tell you, nobody on track was fast compared to those guys. Everyone wanted to watch them to learn something.

If all you care about is top speed, you are on the wrong bike. The Hyper is never going to have 150-200 hp. Get a Hayabusa. Stretch that shit. Turbo it. Spray it. Go full gixxer bro. But if you want to be a faster rider, go learn how to ride properly.
Not looking for top speed it doesn’t seem stable over 140. Just looking for a bit more coming out of the turns so I don’t pass people in turns only to be overcome by someone in the quick straight following the turn.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts