Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Still needs a life.
12,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It just keeps getting better and better during this dumpster fire of a year:

I'm sure our mates Down Under would welcome this virus as infestatons of invasive rabbit species are a real problem in some parts of Oz.

·
Premium Member
5,149 Posts

I'm sure our mates Down Under would welcome this virus as infestatons of invasive rabbit species are a real problem in some parts of Oz.
Nothing kills the hardy Aussie bunny. Even that great harbinger of destruction Calecivirus was chewed up and spat out with not a dent in the bunny population. They breed them tough down here.

·
Registered
487 Posts

Here at certain places in NZ as well....

The disease is called Myxomatosis here.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Is there one of those for the terminally stupid? Please tell me there is. 😬

I don’t care if you lie about it either.

🤣

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Well that goes hand-in-glove with Elmer Fudd now hunting wabbits with a scythe and dynamite instead of a shotgun.

·
Still needs a life.
12,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Myxomatosis is disease resulting from an infection from a myxoma virus while the "bunny ebola" is a calicivirus. You still end up with dead bunnies. But the scientist in me just couldn't let it go.
:geek:
My undergraduate degree was a B.S. in Bacteriology and Public Health. I appreciate the clarification.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Nothing kills the hardy Aussie bunny. Even that great harbinger of destruction Calecivirus was chewed up and spat out with not a dent in the bunny population. They breed them tough down here.
Want a bet.
This little .22 Brno has been killing them for years.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,069 Posts
Bill it doesn't surprise me about your education.
You have always been a man with a wealth of knowledge.

But I encourage the wild bunnies on my ranch.
Hank and rabbit 136.jpg

What I kill with extreme prejudice are wild hogs and cats.
AR 001.jpg

·
Still needs a life.
12,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I am a cat person, but I will admit that feral cats are a problem, especially for the local bird population. Wild hogs can be very destructive and are fair game. You can have some great BBQ's in your back yard after bagging one. .

There has been an increase in the local population of eastern cottontails in my town over the past four years. They were introduced to the area about 100 years ago by hunters. Here is a pair that has been living in my court this year.

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

·
Administrator
6,069 Posts
We feed about 30 species of birds.
Any cat that hunts on my property gets a pellet gun warning.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts