Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not that Ducati will ever read any of this, but I'm going to start if off.

180HP two cylinder engine

Flashing your brights twice will activate a built in garage door opener.

A tricolor that looks really good (some of their offerings have looked terrible IMO)

A more comfortable seat

A really cool looking DRL/parking light

The ability to have Bluetooth connected to the bike and it will stay active for 30 seconds after you shut the bike off

·
AARP Reject
2,921 Posts
Lighter. If they don't keep the weight down, they lose the benefit that was inherent to the original concept and was one of Ducati's founding principles. Lightness can be expensive to "add" (As Chapman expounded) so there is that problem to overcome.

I'd like it to be more of a sport tourer (lower) as well but I have no hope that will come to pass. A good seat would be nice but there will never be a one size fits all solution there. Fit and finish that matches the best is owed us, and metal tanks that don't expand. While at it, I'd like a rear brake that always works.

If they dump some weight that's been added over the years, they don't need to add power in equal proportion. Unfortunately, I see most of my desires as unlikely to be met.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lighter. If they don't keep the weight down, they lose the benefit that was inherent to the original concept and was one of Ducati's founding principles. Lightness can be expensive to "add" (As Chapman expounded) so there is that problem to overcome.

I'd like it to be more of a sport tourer (lower) as well but I have no hope that will come to pass. A good seat would be nice but there will never be a one size fits all solution there. Fit and finish that matches the best is owed us, and metal tanks that don't expand. While at it, I'd like a rear brake that always works.

If they dump some weight that's been added over the years, they don't need to add power in equal proportion. Unfortunately, I see most of my desires as unlikely to be met.
A seat system that is designed to accept risers of various heights at the front and the back of the seat to change the angle would be all that is needed. The angle of the seat is the majority of the problem. This would be a simple solution.

·
Registered
199 Posts
A ground-up redesign of the multimedia system. It's basically junk compared to similarly priced competition. Weakest link on an otherwise solid product. Make sure it's fully functional with all major comms systems, too, not just the Ducati branded stuff. Get rid of the damned three-way menu switch.

Continued improvement of the Skyhook system, specifically the ability to swap springs for two-up and heavier riders. No motorcycle this expensive should have a non-adjustable spring rate, progressive or not.

Fix the windscreen so that it's functional for riders over 5'8". The volume of threads here on this topic should prove the need for a re-think.

Center-stand that doesn't interfere with foot positioning.

Keep the existing luggage mounting system, but work with Givi to redesign the sidecases so they'll fit a modern modular helmet in any size other than small.

Less wasted space in the fairings. Most other touring bikes with this much plastic hanging off the front have at least some built-in storage, we get none.

Make the headlight, especially the high beam, work better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agree

Continued improvement of the Skyhook system, specifically the ability to swap springs for two-up and heavier riders. No motorcycle this expensive should have a non-adjustable spring rate, progressive or not.
Wait, you cant adjust that!? (I'm on an older mutli) One of the reasons I want a Pikes is to skip the electronic suspension

Fix the windscreen so that it's functional for riders over 5'8". The volume of threads here on this topic should prove the need for a re-think.
Huge agree, Id probably run a Pikes Windscreen unless it was blistering cold

Keep the existing luggage mounting system, but work with Givi to redesign the sidecases so they'll fit a modern modular helmet in any size other than small.
1,000x YES. Need helmet space!!

Less wasted space in the fairings. Most other touring bikes with this much plastic hanging off the front have at least some built-in storage, we get none.
Literally probably the thing I'd miss the most coming from an Aircooled

And I'll add my own wish:

OEM Aluminum cases without the ugly frame!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Wait, you cant adjust that!? (I'm on an older mutli) One of the reasons I want a Pikes is to skip the electronic suspension
The whole suspension is electronically adjustable, and rebuildable. If the total load of rider(s)+luggage gets much north of 250lbs, the spring can't keep up with it, and you end up pushing rebound/compression damping up to compensate. The Skyhook system works wonderfully, they just need to release a heavier spring calibrated for the system. Maybe that requires a whole new shock to change the valving too, but we should have the option. Because it's a progressive spring, there are no drop-in replacements available, it would be a custom rate spring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oddly, most of the complaints here I've not noticed on my DVT.

My Shoei RF1200 in Large fits in the left hand pannier with room to spare,even with my Sena 20S on the side of it.

I'm 6 feet tall and the windscreen is fine, IMO.

Skyhook suspension is great IMO, (I weigh around 245lbs) but I don't ride 2 up.

No seat will ever be a "one size fits all" imo.

I will agree the multimedia system is garbage, it connects to my phone via bluetooth fine but nothing works (the app says there's no bike connected and the multimedia display either doesn't display anything, or only displays the song that was playing when it connected)

Some of my "not complaints" are likely due to coming to this from an S1000R ;)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've never even sat on any Multistrada, let alone owned one. With that said, I'll say my piece here;

It seems like some of the things being asked for are either already a part of, or would be better suited to the Diavel. That bike is a "power cruiser" but it seems like the reviews of it also talk about it's good handling and relaxed riding position.

So my point is that maybe Ducati is trying to draw a very sharp well defined line between the Multistrada and the Diavel. Some of the ~wishes~ here seem to overlap into Diavel territory somewhat.

:nerd:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oddly, most of the complaints here I've not noticed on my DVT.

My Shoei RF1200 in Large fits in the left hand pannier with room to spare,even with my Sena 20S on the side of it.
A slimmer sportbike helmet, such as the RF1200 (no internal visor, not modular) will fit fine in the larger sizes. A modular won't, even some of the full-featured non-modulars, like the GT-Air, won't. I think a medium GT-Air probably would fit, if you don't care about the paint.

It's a touring bike, we should be able to fit a touring helmet in it. The case doesn't need to be much bigger, just designed differently.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My Shoei neotec 2 and my previous C-3 fit fine in the left pannier, just put the helmet on its side, bottom in first.
Simpson Bandit fits this way as well. Wifes' HJC fits just fine in the top box and the Simpson does as well, I just can't find a configuration where they both fit at the same time

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd like to see them retire the Pikes Peak moniker and relabel the flagship sport model some sort of special edition. Maybe something like the Monster Black on Black edition, which I think would look bad ass on a Multi...

For me they would remain V-twins
Split the difference on the wheelbase between the 1200s and 1260s
Make the Ohlins suspension packaage electronic and dynamic.
Bluetooth integration for navigation and comms/music
Have the ability for the owner to reset the intermediate service light. Who doesn't do their own oil changes and minor maintenance.

·
Registered
444 Posts
For those wanting more storage, the oversized GT cases are always an option. I see them on e-bay fairly often as it seems most want the smaller cases.

I'd also like to request a key-fob that works reliably.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Better n adjustable seat like gs 1200 bmw.better n more protective w.screen like gs 1200.better n smoother gear box like gs 1200.
So till all these done by ducati, l ll go on riding my gs 1200 not ducati mts.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I'd like to see them retire the Pikes Peak moniker and relabel the flagship sport model some sort of special edition.
I think that's already baked in the cake for the Multistrada V4 in 2021.
Even a possible Pikes Peak version of the Streefighter is now in question given that bikes are no longer permitted to race at Pikes Peak.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I gotta wonder about the future of the Pikes Peak model designation. After all, the Pikes Peak bike this year wasn’t a Multi and I have to assume that the branding would have changed to be a part of the Streetfighter lineup. And then you consider the tragic outcome (regardless of how you feel about the race cancellation; I don’t want to start that in here) I can’t imagine that's something Ducati feels they can use in their marketing.

Anyway, my wishlist for the V4:

1. Leave the Enduro as a twin, let the V4 become more sport oriented (less tall? More compact?), lean less on the off-road thing.
  2. Lighter
  3. Working rear brake
  4. A seat that doesn’t slam me into the tank under braking
  5. Higher rate springs, something that can more easily accommodate a 210 pound person with panniers full of camping gear.

·
Super Moderator
8,173 Posts
I´ve had min 1200 since 2010 and some things stick out from that that may or may not havebeen adressed..
The new V4 should be more of Sport tourer then a semi-offroader.

* 180 hp isnt needed, but make sure its rated 160hp actully exists from the factory, not requiring upmaps and exhausts.
* An Electronics suite that incudes the stuff you are used to in your car. Navigation with crossloading route and destination mapping from phone, BT phonecontrols and such availble on handlebars, Downloading vehicle info to your app on phone for service booking and such (See Volvo on Call who are WAY ahead of anyone else), Apple and Android mirroring,
* Module style storage

Oh.. And rearview mirrors that are useful.. vibrations might be better on the DVT..

·
Registered
47 Posts
work with Givi to redesign the sidecases so they'll fit a modern modular helmet in any size other than small.
Just FYI, my XXL Shoei Neotec fits, but only with the chinbar down buy NOT latched (so basically the chinbar lifts slightly, and the helmet slides in well.
If the helmet was a quarter inch larger in any dimension, it wouldn't fit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts