Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my 2005 Monster s2r 800 back ( more on that later ) and decided to hop back on the forums. Couldnt remember my login so I am a new member again! I started with dirt bikes when I was 4 but here is the start of my street bikes till now. Riding out of Los Angeles.
I grew up around Ducati's but ended up with a 07 R6 as my first street bike.

After I crashed at the track and broke my collarbone I decided to be a little more mellow and ended up with this.

I had the 996 a couple years till I wanted something a little less heavy and more fun all around. Enter my first Monster.

I ended up selling the Monster for something even more fun all around!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While I still had the motard I picked up my wifes favorite and most insane motorcycle purchase yet....

I ended up missing my Monster way too much and sold the motard and picked up another s2r.

Ended up having her painted and added some custom striping while I was at it.

Ended up getting water in the gauge cluster that ruined everything. New cluster and a reflash to disable the immobilizer and she is back again. Huge pain in the ass but worth it after not being able to ride it for half a year.
Next step is exhaust....
any recommendations? I like the ex-box but it seems kinda bulky. I really like the shotgun / boom tube style but seems to be nowhere to get them anymore. Might just go straight titanium full arrow system again if anyone has any for sale!

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Great photos and intro!! Looks like your wife is a keeper like mine, that is a great side car :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
awesome intro, and a bit of proof to my theory that no true Ducatisti can be without an air cooled 2 valver for long!!

I went round'd'round as well. Monster > 999 > non Ducatis > Sport Classic....which is effectivly same bike as a Monster. I felt right at home on it, something I did NOT feel on any of the newer post S2R Monsters.

man I want another Monster. haahh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts