Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a 2008 1100 and while I love the look of the handguard/mirror/signal combo, a drop will be expensive. I’ve looked at some aftermarket signal/handguard setups (I think Acerbis has one), but I’m wondering if the parts from the newer HMs will fit? I haven’t seen many in person; from photos and parts diagrams it looks like the 950’s would bolt up. Anyone with first-hand knowledge or reliable second-hand knowledge that can confirm or deny?

thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
2014 Multistrada PP
83 Posts
I love my Scrambler mirrors!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I’ve got a 2008 1100 and while I love the look of the handguard/mirror/signal combo, a drop will be expensive. I’ve looked at some aftermarket signal/handguard setups (I think Acerbis has one), but I’m wondering if the parts from the newer HMs will fit? I haven’t seen many in person; from photos and parts diagrams it looks like the 950’s would bolt up. Anyone with first-hand knowledge or reliable second-hand knowledge that can confirm or deny?

thanks,
Brian

I had a 2008 and now have a 2017. I don't see why the newer handguards wouldn't bolt right up. It's a basic design and they seem to be the exact same as I remember it.

Plus, you could sell your 2008 handguards as people really want them these days.

Dave

·
Registered
2014 Multistrada PP
83 Posts
I found a photo of them; looks good! Are the bar mounts Scrambler parts, too?
No, they're stock Hypermotard mounts, but also a universal thread mount, so a wide variety of mirrors would fit as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a 2008 and now have a 2017. I don't see why the newer handguards wouldn't bolt right up. It's a basic design and they seem to be the exact same as I remember it.

Plus, you could sell your 2008 handguards as people really want them these days.
I want to keep them for the resale value. It's annoying because they are a big part of the look, but they're also form waaay before function. ? They're also really wide when the mirrors are out, so I end up folding them when it's in the garage, but it takes me a while to get them adjusted when I ride it. Seriously a first world problem, but still. ?

Thanks, @Decreasing Dave,

I found another thread asking the same thing (should have searched harder before): Handguards 821 on 1100 possible?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts