Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Newby with picture 900ss ie

1717 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Giallo900ss
Hi there, glad to be part of the passion, bought this beautiful 900ss a few days ago, and hope to have many years& travel with her
Only 13000km and in excellent condition, a credit to previous owner!. I’ll be asking questions as this is my 1st Duke, although been riding for 40 years, but various brands.ok cheers
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Congratulations. I used to have the same one, but due to the fact that I had to drive 100-150 miles a day, I decided to change it to a more convenient option. All because I like to travel by motorcycle and even bought a special tent for him on the advice Motorcycle Tents – Best Motorbike Tents for Camping . I think there are a lot of people among the participants who love to travel around the states on their bike.

· Registered
9 Posts
Congrats. My first Ducati was a 2001 900SS. It was the best bike I've owned up to that point in time back in 2003. Did many upgrades as other Duc owners frequently do, but the most significant in terms of improving performance/handling was purchasing a set of Marvic Magnesium wheels from MotoWheels. I wanted black, but the last set Martin had in stock was gold. I reluctantly bought them because I always felt gold didn't go well with red, however, the handling improvement made up for that. I took it to the track twice and had a lot of fun, but I was frustrated by its lack of power in the long straights. Plenty of power for street riding, add to that a trouble-free 13k miles and I was very happy with the bike. However, I got it in my head I wanted a more powerful machine so I sold the SS and bought a 916. The 900SS was more flickable, but eventually, I got used to the 916's handling characteristics and moved on.

I like your turn signals on the fairing and the bar end mirrors, I installed those on my Buell 1125CR and really liked them. I've been thinking off and on about installing them on my 999R, but removing the useless stock mirrors leaves me wondering how that would look. Have fun on your new bike!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts