Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Great site and great info everywhere. I finally bought a new 2008 GT1000 after years of staring at ducatis. When I saw the GT1000, it was love at first sight (with the exception of the Rear view Mirrors.) I have done a few minor changes to the bike, but I was wondering if the trickle charger from Ducati is worth all that money? I pretty sure I need one, I live outside chicago. How hard is it to put on a trickle charger on the GT1000 and what brand did you guys use?

Thanks
Sebouh

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a Battery tender Jr. on my Sport 1000 and I have had one on every bike I've owned. The longest I have kept a bike is 4 years and haven't had to replace a battery yet. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's easy to do but the battery is in a bit of an awkward spot and you'll struggle a little to get cover to fit over the pigtail.

Another vote for Battery Tender; regular or Jr. If you're going to store the bike at all you definitely do need it and it pays for itself many times over.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Battery Tender here...with connectors on the bike...best choice ever!

Welcome to the forum friend!:D

Ton Up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.