Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Great site and great info everywhere. I finally bought a new 2008 GT1000 after years of staring at ducatis. When I saw the GT1000, it was love at first sight (with the exception of the Rear view Mirrors.) I have done a few minor changes to the bike, but I was wondering if the trickle charger from Ducati is worth all that money? I pretty sure I need one, I live outside chicago. How hard is it to put on a trickle charger on the GT1000 and what brand did you guys use?

Thanks
Sebouh

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a Battery tender Jr. on my Sport 1000 and I have had one on every bike I've owned. The longest I have kept a bike is 4 years and haven't had to replace a battery yet. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Oh and welcome. You'll find this is a place full of knowledge and very cool people.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It's easy to do but the battery is in a bit of an awkward spot and you'll struggle a little to get cover to fit over the pigtail.

Another vote for Battery Tender; regular or Jr. If you're going to store the bike at all you definitely do need it and it pays for itself many times over.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Make it four votes for the battery tender. the jr or the plus you can't go wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
I have a Batttery Tender Plus with a quick connect coupler wired to every bike. Works great!
Me too! Wire the quick connect directly to the battery, zip tie the end to the frame and you are all set.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Battery Tender here...with connectors on the bike...best choice ever!

Welcome to the forum friend!:D

Ton Up!

·
Registered
714 Posts
what trickle charger?

I just picked up my new GT1000 and it has a charger plug but no charger,where does the charger come from,who has it ,is it a ducati only idem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts