Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased an '08 HYM 1100S, while trading in my '09 Monster. Back this summer I purchased a pair of Alpinestar Supertech R boots in a 45. It seems like there isn't enough room between the foot peg and gear shifter. Does anyone else have this problem.

BTW, I love the bike. I can't wait to get pass the run-in period.

SS65

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congrats.I had to adjust the shift linkage 2 full turns to make more room on my 09 S model.

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
I agree , but makes for a positive shift.....

·
Registered
365 Posts
Turning it enough to work didn't leave many used threads so for peace of mind i had to pull the linkage and move it over 1 spline
Good idea.I think i'll do the same.Thanks.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Same issue

Recently purchased an '08 HYM 1100S, while trading in my '09 Monster. Back this summer I purchased a pair of Alpinestar Supertech R boots in a 45. It seems like there isn't enough room between the foot peg and gear shifter. Does anyone else have this problem.

SS65
I have the same issue. I took the rubbers off the tops of the pegs and it helps but not enough. I am probably going to purchase these unless I can figure out how to get a set of Rizoma rearsets past the wife.

http://www.ducatidesigns.com/inc/sdetail/2858

One one of the threads, some one posted that they had larger feet and purchased the pegs I posted above and it worked well for him.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I found that the peg on the gear lever was rotated so that the edge rather than the flat made contact with my toe so I rotated it a bit which gave me a few mm extra space.

(really lame description... I'm jet lagged)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here's a vote for the rearsets route - More expensive for sure, but if you're like me you'll quickly start 'touching down' with the stock position. A good set of rearsets will cure this problem as well as your boot-fit issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts