Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I am a long term owner of other brand motorcycles. I am interested in a used "2016 1200 Multi Touring" which is up for sale, I have not seen the pics yet,couple of questions before I approach the seller.

• Is color TFT standard in 2016 1200 touring?
  • Does it come with LED lights ?
  • Should I skip and go for 1260? since I see some good deals on used and new 1260

Thanks !

- PS

·
Registered
55 Posts
if its a 1200S then you'll have color TFT and LED lights. also skyhook suspensions.

1260 ? depend on how much you are saving versus a new one :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have a 2016 S Touring and it came with TFT and LED lights.

Someone people will tell you to go for the 1260, but I can't say it would even factor in for me, whichever is cheapest would be my recommendation (warranty might come into play though)

·
Registered
468 Posts
So, in 2016, there were two models available, the Multistrada and the Multistrada S. Both models could have the Touring package added as Touring is not a model in and of itself. The S model, as mentioned above, has the LED headlights, the color display, and the Skyhook suspension. The non S model does not

·
Registered
97 Posts
2016 is a good year for the MS. I just sold my 2015 MS, a non S model, and thoroughly enjoyed it. So much so that I bought a 2018 MS 1260 S to replace it. The 2015 was slightly more nimble ( probably due to the shorter wheelbase) and while the 2018 has more power it is not as noticeable a difference as you might think. What I am finding to be an enjoyable difference with the '18 model however is the intuitive dash functions. The '15 dash could be a bit "interesting" at times as you tried to scroll through the options. The '18 dash is light years easier to use in my opinion and the "color" is kinda neat plus the level of various adjustments now are labeled so you know exactly what each level ( 1,2,3,4,5, etc) actually does. By the way, the brakes on the S models with the larger discs and upgraded calipers are way stronger than the non S model. One or two fingers on the front are all that are required. The rear brakes on either model however....not so much. Shop around and do your due diligence I was able to find a nice, low mileage '18 MS 1260 S for a reasonable number over what I sold my '15 MS for. Good luck and good hunting!

·
Registered
97 Posts
The "Touring Package" for 2015 at least included the panniers, center stand, cruise control and heated grips which may also be the case for the 2016. Also, I've noticed that the 2018 model heated grips now produce genuine heat where the 2015 heated grips weren't really.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If the 16 you're looking is an "S", it's a great bike! I don't think you'd be missing much vs the 18. At least not if the price difference is significant (if we're talking about a thousand bucks the 18 might be worth it, but if it's on the 4 grand delta ballpark I'd go for the 16 eyes shut - assuming parity of conditions of course).

Reactions: iamzombie

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just picked up a 16 S Touring this weekend. Holy shit, what an advance over my 09 1100S. Incredible motorcycle!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hit up CycleTrader.com - lots of Multis out there now and I think the market may get a bump of used inventory for those fast adopters looking to move to the V4.

Reactions: ponnu
1 - 10 of 10 Posts