Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum. Wanted to say hello.

I'm an Englishman but now live in Indianapolis, Indiana. Middle aged man that can't stop riding. Currently in my garage is a 2014 1199 (with Anniversario bodywork that previous owner put on) and a 2014 KTM 250 sx-f. This is my second Ducati. Just slapped some new tyres on her at the end of last season so I'm looking forward to giving her some beans this season.

Hope everyone is staying healthy!

Cheers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome cwpache!

Beautiful 1199 you have there, congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome cwpache!

Beautiful 1199 you have there, congrats!
Thank you. I got lucky with this one. Was shopping for about 6 months, countrywide, for the perfect bike and then someone in our local Indy Ducati group put this up for sale. I snapped his hand off! I like the Anniversario bodywork on her but some owners of real Anniversarios have given me a lot of stick for it being a 'wannabe' bike. lol. I'm thick skinned so it doesn't worry me.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Thank you. I got lucky with this one. Was shopping for about 6 months, countrywide, for the perfect bike and then someone in our local Indy Ducati group put this up for sale. I snapped his hand off! I like the Anniversario bodywork on her but some owners of real Anniversarios have given me a lot of stick for it being a 'wannabe' bike. lol. I'm thick skinned so it doesn't worry me.
If we listened to other people’s opinion we wouldn’t ride a motorcycle in the first place! Ignore them and enjoy your great looking bike!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. Kinda a lone wolf, but love the Ducati's. Seems if winter came back today. Can't wait for some decent weather to start riding more.
I'm pretty much a lone wolf on the street too. The only reason I go to the odd iDesmo meet is that a pal of mine I ride dirtbikes with also owns a Ducati and occasionally pops down to bike night so I'll join him from time to time. I never plan my rides. More like 'ooh the weather is nice and I don't have to do any yardwork. Off we go!'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts