Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-

Jusat wanted to thank everyone for the great honest advice you have all given me and I have followed to a "t" and could not be happier. As it turns out, on my way to dealer today for a safety check and adding a couple carbon fiber pieces, my impulse got the better of me and I sprung for the one of the last new 2012 796's . So far this is what has been done (pic included):-
- Rizoma rear set
- CRG shorties
- Sargent aftermarket seat
- Carbon Fiber Tank cover, chain guard, read mud flap and belt cover
- 14 tooth sprocket

Just the sprocket has changed the way the bike drives in traffic., Since I am rarely on highway, this has to be the best bang for the buck. It honestly is like riding an entirely new bike.

Now that this forum has me hooked on mods,m I'm looking to go to round two for performance and I think you will agree the exhaust is the next. While I love the way to two pipes look coming out of the back, everyone I asked said it would be a total waste to put the slip on's on. It might sound better, but performance gains are negligible. Is that pretty much the consensus? I know this os probably beating a dead horse but if there was one more mod, what would your choice be. Here is my baby as she sits today

I have owned a few bikes in my time but never have I woken up every morning just dying to jump on her and head out - even if for a a one mile skip to the 7-11. Now I realize what all you Hyper fans were saying all these years. I just LOVE this damn bike, Thanks in advance for your input, everyone on this forum has been GREAT

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I would go with a full exhaust system not only for gains but it takes off a lot of weight as well.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
OK, so I am bringing the bike in Tuesday for the dual Termis and that comes with new ECU, The dealer says they remove baffles. I know I am going to get backlash for not doing the 2 into 1 but I just really like the look of the 2 coming out of the back. Question...can I expect ANY blip in horsepower or am I just plunking down $1800 for a better exhaust note. Do I save weight with the slip-ons? Any downside I should know about i.e. stalling or other issues? I apologize if you guys have answered this 1000 times but I have really relied on all your great advice and cannot thank this community enough for making me feel at home and not like an idiot for all my newbie questions. Damn, I wish I had purchased a Hyper years ago. I don't remember last time something made me so happy. Unfortunately I'm going through some tough personal issues with my mom recently being diagnosed with cancer but as crazy as it sounds, the time I spend riding really allows me to clear my head and has mentally been a real lifesaver for me. Anyway, sorry for the rambling. I think this community is great and I just wanted to thank you all for your great, honest and sincere advice.

Also, just added the red rim tape. I know..corny but I think it came out great. Here is the latest pic of my baby
This modification thing is getting real addictive. At what point do I just throw my hands up and spring for the 1100?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts