Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well, since it appears that you are painting track plastics with spray paint I assume you are not going for show finish. Just do a little touch up, you can use the brush or even small piece of paper. Good luck. Remember, when it comes to painting projects like this it's all about prep and patience.

D.

Like a newbie, I rushed the masking and it shows! The black bled and some of the red was pulled off by the masking tape. How do I fix it? Use a brush?? Any advice will appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, since it appears that you are painting track plastics with spray paint I assume you are not going for show finish. Just do a little touch up, you can use the brush or even small piece of paper. Good luck. Remember, when it comes to painting projects like this it's all about prep and patience.

D.
I am actually using a spray gun (w/ compressor) and PPG paint.
Today i went back to the paint supply shop (ABC Supply in Covina, CA) and Danny Hunt is a genius!! He gave me some really helpful hints and i was able to fix my mistake.

In case anyone is interested, here is what I did...

1. dry sand with 600 grit
2. tack cloth to clean up
3. using masking paper, cut a hole the size of the repair area
4. tape the masking paper to the bodywork
5. adjust the spray gun to the lowest pressure and the smallest fan
6. 2-3 coats and good to go!

I'll clear tomorrow after work and then its time to work on the tank.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Hats off to you for trying something new ...If you end up happy with it is all that matters. Experience is the best teacher...You don't know till you know..Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts