Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone just to introduce myself my name is clayton i live in southern cali i just bought a i believe is a 99 tourismo sport 2. its been sitting the better part of a decade but runs strong. im looking for faring parts gauge cluster parts due to sun damage and any valuable info you can pass on to a first time ducati owner thanks everyone really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If it has been sitting any time you need to change the belts. Bits turn up on ebay all the time

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Sorry I may have mis understood. "99 tourismo sport 2"

do you mean an ST2

·
Registered
339 Posts
Newbie,

Go to www.desmotimes.com and buy the Desmodue Maintenance Manual. Keep it by the side of your bed and read a chapter every night. Don't be overwhelmed. When you get stuck, ask for help here.

A 10 year old bike that has been stored for a long time needs fresh oil and a filter, new valve timing belts, new fuel hoses and a fuel filter in the gas tank, and probably new tires even though yours may show very little tread wear.

Good reading and good riding.

Jeff in Colorado

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
And replace clutch and brake fluid .......welcome. People are here to help and are very helpful.

·
Registered
222 Posts
+1 on replacing the old engine belts,tires, filters, fluids, etc. save you from potential pricey problems later. What kind of sun damage to the fairing & gauges do you have? (You mentioned pictures, that would be helpful.) Meguire's has some decent products to revamp plastics - back to black for gauge shell's & black fairing liner parts. If the gauge lenses and your windshield are sun glazed/yellowed, try very light buffing with #2000 extra fine steel wool and Meguire's plastic headlight lens restoration kit - it will take out the yellowed glazing if done right.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

thanks everyone I will put pictures when I get home I'm out in coloroda taking care of my boat for winter I rally appreciate the in put as for farings I don't have the left and the right side panels upper and lower how hard would it be to move things around so I don't need them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts