Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 GT1000. Purchased a set of DP bar end weights to replace one of mine I had scraped. In the process of removing the stock weight I accidentally unscrewed the entire assembly and had to pull the anchor out with a needle nose; no problem, certainly didn't feel as if I were forcing anything. Didn't like the look of the DP weights but that's neither here nor there. When I put back on the original weights the left went right back on, the weight is pretty much flush to the grip. However on the right bar there is now about a 1/4" gap between the weight and the grip so the handlebar is showing through. I'm almost certain it didn't look like that before. I tried loosening the bolts that hold the throttle assembly to see if I could slide it to the right to cover the gap but it didn't move and I certainly didn't want to force it.

Can anybody help me out? Am I crazy and the gap was always there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Pics? The throttle assy. has a locating peg/pin that fits into a hole in the handlebar. If you want to try your idea to slide it, pull the assy. off and remove that pin. I think it is a roll pin, IIRC, which you could just pull out, but it could be a molded in peg you would grind/break off from the inside.

I have the Sport with no barend weights so I can't tell you if there was a gap or what.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses. Seems like all it took was stretching the grip a bit to cover the chrome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts