Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Bad ass RC51, dude. I'd go ape shit if Honda decided to make another V-Twin superbike with all the modern electronics but I know that's just a pipe dream.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes, sir. It's only got about 10k on the odometer. A fantastic bike that's just totally fun to ride as you know. View attachment 1018801
Bad ass RC51, dude. I'd go ape shit if Honda decided to make another V-Twin superbike with all the modern electronics but I know that's just a pipe dream.
Likewise, you've got best Ohlins front. I've been waiting on that V-twin from Honda and can't wait anymore (damn rumors). There's an RC51 at Onyx in San Diego asking for premium price. I'm picking up the 1199r this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Likewise, you've got best Ohlins front. I've been waiting on that V-twin from Honda and can't wait anymore (damn rumors). There's an RC51 at Onyx in San Diego asking for premium price. I'm picking up the 1199r this Saturday.
Outstanding!
The RC-51 will pale by comparison though....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Extremely disappointed with Ridenowpowersports in Goodyear Arizona. Yes, I drove.
  • OTD Price was agreed on in advance
  • Security Deposit / good faith given in advance (Yes I’m serious about buying)
Agreed both on the phone and email transaction will be completed 23Oct2021
FIRST RED FLAG
  • Bike was not ready so I could not test drive the bike.
  • This seems very inconsiderate after showing my good faith (security deposit) and knowing I’m driving from California. After multiple verbal and electronic comms
  • New tires was not installed and promise the OEM Supercorsa SP. per our conversation it will be done by noon 23Oct.
  • Instead slapping in Corsa II.
  • Oil change was not done and still has to be completed.
  • Mirror was broken
I’m still not too concerned about the tires, oil change & mirrors but getting uneasy.
SECOND RED FLAG
So while the bike is yet to be service, they are already demanding full payment. I have not done my checklist other than visual inspection. The dealership did not intend for me to do the following.
  • Start the bike
  • Test ride it
  • Plus the above incomplete actions
I believe my purchase is one of the top if not the top purchase and yet they’re playing around taking their sweet as time and giving me a run around.
THIRD RED FLAG
With the OTD price agree they want to add an additional 3% on the price. I said no at first, the game continued (back & forth with the manager). Ryan the sales guy says, you’re already getting this at discount. So reminded him on the agreed OTD price, plus they more than likely paid retail or below for bike which would earn them 5-6k without doing anything. That’s when his face change and back to the manager. I offered to add 1.5% and they didn’t want it so I ask for the refund of my deposit and walked off.
I’ll be submitting a BBB complaint to this store.

So I’ll be looking here for a very low mile bike and will pay above what dealers would pay.

Reactions: fipenna

·
Registered
302 Posts
Extremely disappointed with Ridenowpowersports in Goodyear Arizona. Yes, I drove.
  • OTD Price was agreed on in advance
  • Security Deposit / good faith given in advance (Yes I’m serious about buying)
Agreed both on the phone and email transaction will be completed 23Oct2021
FIRST RED FLAG
  • Bike was not ready so I could not test drive the bike.
  • This seems very inconsiderate after showing my good faith (security deposit) and knowing I’m driving from California. After multiple verbal and electronic comms
  • New tires was not installed and promise the OEM Supercorsa SP. per our conversation it will be done by noon 23Oct.
  • Instead slapping in Corsa II.
  • Oil change was not done and still has to be completed.
  • Mirror was broken
I’m still not too concerned about the tires, oil change & mirrors but getting uneasy.
SECOND RED FLAG
So while the bike is yet to be service, they are already demanding full payment. I have not done my checklist other than visual inspection. The dealership did not intend for me to do the following.
  • Start the bike
  • Test ride it
  • Plus the above incomplete actions
I believe my purchase is one of the top if not the top purchase and yet they’re playing around taking their sweet as time and giving me a run around.
THIRD RED FLAG
With the OTD price agree they want to add an additional 3% on the price. I said no at first, the game continued (back & forth with the manager). Ryan the sales guy says, you’re already getting this at discount. So reminded him on the agreed OTD price, plus they more than likely paid retail or below for bike which would earn them 5-6k without doing anything. That’s when his face change and back to the manager. I offered to add 1.5% and they didn’t want it so I ask for the refund of my deposit and walked off.
I’ll be submitting a BBB complaint to this store.

So I’ll be looking here for a very low mile bike and will pay above retail.
Wait.
You had an email exchange where this dealer wrote the OTD price and you drive 360 miles and now they want to increase that price? I would probably contact an attorney over that one. Under no condition would I want to take delivery of that bike afterwards, either. They sound so shady any number of things could be done to the bike to "get back at you".

Man, sorry you had to go through all that. Keep the faith, there's a bike out there for you. Good job walking away from RideNow.

·
Administrator
13,494 Posts
Wait.
You had an email exchange where this dealer wrote the OTD price and you drive 360 miles and now they want to increase that price? I would probably contact an attorney over that one. Under no condition would I want to take delivery of that bike afterwards, either. They sound so shady any number of things could be done to the bike to "get back at you".

Man, sorry you had to go through all that. Keep the faith, there's a bike out there for you. Good job walking away from RideNow.
I was thinking the same thing. The expense of driving there and my time would have a value and they should pay for that value when they are playing games.

Reactions: Tr!stan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wait.

@998-MDG yeah. we where on the phone several times so I was a bit optimistic. They took my deposit and was charged immediately. I made it clear that I don't want to waste my time but when I arrived the feeling change, and more red flags started. I have a military friend lawyer, let me ask him a few questions. Thanks.
Rectangle Font Parallel Beige Pattern

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I was thinking the same thing. The expense of driving there and my time would have a value and they should pay for that value when they are playing games.
@scott My wife has only been to maybe a couple of my races. she felt bad I was driving by myself so she came. She walked out before I did. BTW does the classified section here works? does anyone post in there and are there special access? I tried and couldn't get in.

Reactions: scott

·
Administrator
13,494 Posts
This thread will answer all about our little corner of the interwebs: New Members Please Read ----> Ducati.ms Rules of the Road

And straight to the answer to your question from the above thread:
Classified Section: Access to the Classifieds is granted to members that have been here a minimum of 15 days AND have a minimum of 5 posts. Post whoring to gain access to the Classifieds will be dealt with appropriately (see Post Whoring below). Special announcements for non sponsoring dealers or other vendors will be allowed only if they are made by one of the forum Moderators or Administrators. Any posts to any forum that are deemed to be of a commercial nature will be subject to removal and the identity posting them may be blocked or banned.

·
Registered
302 Posts
@998-MDG yeah. we where on the phone several times so I was a bit optimistic. They took my deposit and was charged immediately. I made it clear that I don't want to waste my time but when I arrived the feeling change, and more red flags started. I have a military friend lawyer, let me ask him a few questions. Thanks. View attachment 1019261
Tristan, not looking to get all into your business but the email from RideNow said "If I can do your 21,500, when will you be coming down to pick this bike up"?
Hopefully, there was further communication from RideNow that solidified the purchase price. I think you may have posted earlier that there was some form of Bill of Sale written up and sent to you? If that Bill of Sale had 21,500 on it as the OTD price I think you'd have a strong legal argument.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
This thread will answer all about our little corner of the interwebs: New Members Please Read ----> Ducati.ms Rules of the Road

And straight to the answer to your question from the above thread:
Classified Section: Access to the Classifieds is granted to members that have been here a minimum of 15 days AND have a minimum of 5 posts. Post whoring to gain access to the Classifieds will be dealt with appropriately (see Post Whoring below). Special announcements for non sponsoring dealers or other vendors will be allowed only if they are made by one of the forum Moderators or Administrators. Any posts to any forum that are deemed to be of a commercial nature will be subject to removal and the identity posting them may be blocked or banned.
@scott thanks, appreciate it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Tristan, not looking to get all into your business but the email from RideNow said "If I can do your 21,500, when will you be coming down to pick this bike up"?
Hopefully, there was further communication from RideNow that solidified the purchase price. I think you may have posted earlier that there was some form of Bill of Sale written up and sent to you? If that Bill of Sale had 21,500 on it as the OTD price I think you'd have a strong legal argument.

Best of luck.
@998-MDG no not at all I put my business in here. Yes I fully understood the "IF". The rest of the communication was verbal, because I made it clear I'm not driving there without the confirmation. I should have made sure it was in black & white. I do have the receipt for the deposit. Thanks.

Reactions: scott
21 - 33 of 33 Posts