Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much should I offer I was thinking 1000-1300, I'm not planning on making it street legal. I would like to have it to make it my first track bike. I'm getting into racing and would like something small to learn the ropes. And keep it in my price range. I can do all the work on my own, it's just I think it's worth less than what he's asking. Please let me know fellas.

2000 Ducati 750 SSie *90%Project Complete*

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
How much should I offer I was thinking 1000-1300, I'm not planning on making it street legal. I would like to have it to make it my first track bike. I'm getting into racing and would like something small to learn the ropes. And keep it in my price range. I can do all the work on my own, it's just I think it's worth less than what he's asking. Please let me know fellas.

2000 Ducati 750 SSie *90%Project Complete*
If it was mine I certainly wouldn't sell it that cheap, because there is a lot of value there to part it out. But I can't blame you for getting the best deal you can. The engine alone will go for around $750 or so. I'm thinking an easy $2000 or more in parts, total. But I think prices are lower where you are, as there are more on the market. $3000 seems a bit high for a bike with no title, and I think that should be reflected in the price. It does seem to be what you're looking for, though.that has to count for something.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I agree; $1,000-1,300 is too low. I'd offer him $2,000-2,500; I think that would still be a good deal for you. If the VIN is clear, no title isn't a big deal. They are easy to get and cheap.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Id look for a 900. They are stupid cheap. You will wish for more suds than a 750 before you finish the first ride.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I,d look for a already developed trackbike. At minimium,(if you ever want to be decent) your going to need trackbody work,rearsets,steering damper and suspension work. This could easily cost as much as the Duc 750.And if you say you don't want to spend money on these things,then you shoudn't be thinking about racing because thats the tip of the iceberg money wise..

·
Registered
222 Posts
^ Ditto.
Particularly if the mentioned $1,000-1,200 offer is really all you can afford.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ Ditto.
Particularly if the mentioned $1,000-1,200 offer is really all you can afford.
its not that i cant afford to race, its i dont want to pour tons of money into my first track bike, i would like to learn on this bike and then work my way up. but like someone mentioned for about 3k i can find a completed track bike thats ready to go. id prefer that.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
its not that i cant afford to race, its i dont want to pour tons of money into my first track bike, i would like to learn on this bike and then work my way up. but like someone mentioned for about 3k i can find a completed track bike thats ready to go. id prefer that.
You can find a very NICE Track bike set up!! SV650 is a very good 1st time bike!! Bullet Proof!

Track Prep 101: Tires
Brakes
Shock rear
Forks upgrade
Chain/sprocket's
Gear!
Learn your lines 1st with Body Position!
Always ask for help. ;)
I have a 900SSie Track bike and have $2000ish in upgrades and well worth it!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts