Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a pre-owned Diavel and it is straight stock. I am new to Ducati and have a lot to learn. What are the sites that cater best to Ducati parts, and are there things that have universally needed to be changed that you all can help me with?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
First things first,

Welcome,

does your bike have a service history?
if so did you get receipts for work done with your purchase?
How many miles are on it?

what you need to check
Have the recalls been performed? these _may_ include, coolant replacement, license plate bracket replacement, side stand replacement. there may be more, my 2012 has only needed the coolant replacement.

Belts on your bike are due for a change every 5 years or 15,000 miles so if it's done less than that you will need to get the belts changed, if it's close to 15k get the full service done also.

For parts do you mean service parts or mods and accessories?
cheers

·
Registered
228 Posts
First things first,

Welcome,

what you need to check
Have the recalls been performed? these _may_ include, coolant replacement, license plate bracket replacement, side stand replacement. there may be more, my 2012 has only needed the coolant replacement.

Belts on your bike are due for a change every 5 years or 15,000 miles so if it's done less than that you will need to get the belts changed, if it's close to 15k get the full service done also.

cheers
All good points.
If I may add. I also had the thermostat changed. (2012. Bought new)
In cold weather the thermostat remained closed, thus causing overheating.
For me tyres changed every year. The metal thread on the rear tyre showed up very quickly. Keep doing your walk around inspections.
How`s the rear brake? When I bought the bike new, it was totally useless.
Bleeding solved the problem.

Great bike and loads of fun.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
yeah, forgot the thermostat, mine did the same.

The rear brake on mine is fine now that i have bled it properly, the dealer attempted it and failed dismally (not unusual for dealers in these parts).
Now when i replace the tyre i pull the caliper place it on top of the rotor so the bleed nipple faces up and give it a flush/bleed. No more long pedal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yeah, forgot the thermostat, mine did the same.

The rear brake on mine is fine now that i have bled it properly, the dealer attempted it and failed dismally (not unusual for dealers in these parts).
Now when i replace the tyre i pull the caliper place it on top of the rotor so the bleed nipple faces up and give it a flush/bleed. No more long pedal.
As the OP is from Galveston, not sure he/she will get the same temperature as in Canada. When it gets too ccold I am off skiing and the bike gets to hibernate over the Winter.
I was lucky my stealership fixed the rear brake first time. Been good ever
since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First things first,

Welcome,

what you need to check

cheers
Sorry it took so long to get back, with the holiday weekend. Actually its a 2015 with only 2100 miles. I'll need to look through everything today and call the previous owner on any recall things.

I was referring to mods and parts. Right now everything is good, but there's tons that I don't know about them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
the 2015 is a Gen2 and with just 2100 miles just check your warranty book to make sure the first service has been done. I don't think there's any recalls on the Gen2 but if you quote your VIN to a dealer they can tell you.

Parts?
Rizoma do plenty, ducati performance of course, for carbon Ilmberger is the go, it matches the weave of standard and the cheapest place to get it is

www.eurobikenet.net

I get D/P from my favourite dealer, i've not bought Rizoma but it's easy to find.

Exhausts vary, Termi from dealers, Akropovic, Arrow, carbon werkes, etc. there's heaps to choose from. For tuning there's Tuneboy, i wouldn't choose anything else, not because i like them, their back up service and support is woeful, but there's no one else anywhere close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts