Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I just got a Card Packtalk Bold bluetooth device, and a new Multi 1260 S ...

my question to the group collective mind: do I pair the Cardo Packtalk Bold to my iPhone first (making the iPhone default/primary connection to the Cardo Packtalk Bold), and making the Ducati MMS bluetooth the secondary connection to the Cardo Packtalk Bold ... or ... should I pair the Cardo to the Ducati MMS Bluetooth as the first/primary connection, and then the iPhone as the secondary connection?

advice from owners who are actually using a Cardo Packtalk Bold, will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Regardless of the equipment being used, to get full functionality out of the DMS system, use it as the communications hub between all your bluetooth gear; phone, helmet communicator, GPS, everything. None of these things should be paired with any of the others, only with the DMS system. That's the 'right' way to do it, if you want full DMS integration.

I do not own a Cardo comm unit but wish I did, because apparently they work with the DMS system very well. Sena does not, a problem they are uninterested in fixing.

·
Registered
510 Posts
so I just got a Card Packtalk Bold bluetooth device, and a new Multi 1260 S ...

my question to the group collective mind: do I pair the Cardo Packtalk Bold to my iPhone first (making the iPhone default/primary connection to the Cardo Packtalk Bold), and making the Ducati MMS bluetooth the secondary connection to the Cardo Packtalk Bold ... or ... should I pair the Cardo to the Ducati MMS Bluetooth as the first/primary connection, and then the iPhone as the secondary connection?

advice from owners who are actually using a Cardo Packtalk Bold, will be much appreciated.
John,
I owned packtalk duo, not packtalk bold.
here is my set up
1st-packtalk to phone
2rd-packtalk to Garmin 590 or you can do MTS bluetooth.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I tinkered with the DMS a few times and gave up on it. My setup: iPhone + TomTom Rider + SENA 20S. When I did get it working with the bike, there was always an issue with the Player or answering calls back to my helmet. Just seemed like an unnecessary middleman but if I had a slimmer communicator without a big jog dial i May feel differently.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tinkered with the DMS a few times and gave up on it. My setup: iPhone + TomTom Rider + SENA 20S. When I did get it working with the bike, there was always an issue with the Player or answering calls back to my helmet. Just seemed like an unnecessary middleman but if I had a slimmer communicator without a big jog dial i May feel differently.
I am beginning to think I will bypass the Ducati MMS as well ... played with various combinations of pairing iPhone 8 and Cardo Packtalk Bold to the MMS ... no consistent pairing, and then when both the iPhone and the helmet system pair with the MMS, neither the Cardo voice commands nor Siri work.

perhaps VW/Audi will push Ducati to update the bluetooth sw on MMS, so it actually works ... I mean, I don't have any issues pairing devices with the VW bluetooth in our Jetta ... and our VW cost less than the 1260 S Touring did :smile2:

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
graze for the advice ... and gad that method worked for you.

I tired pairing my iPhone to Ducati MMS, and then the Cardo Paktalk Bold to Ducati MMS ... and even paring them in sequences of iPhone first then Cardo, then Cardo first then iPhone ... the issue I kept having was that Hey Siri and Hey Cardo were not working when the Ducati MMS was the hub.

so, I have ended up for now at least, pairing the Cardo to the iPhone, and leaving the Ducati MMS out of the equation. now, both Hey Siri and Hey Cardo work perfectly ... and honestly, I could never really get the Player in Ducati MMS to work properly, and the volume control never worked either.

perhaps Ducati will come out with a Bluetooth update that will provide better performance/full features. and along those lines ... pigs might fly :laugh:

johnc

Regardless of the equipment being used, to get full functionality out of the DMS system, use it as the communications hub between all your bluetooth gear; phone, helmet communicator, GPS, everything. None of these things should be paired with any of the others, only with the DMS system. That's the 'right' way to do it, if you want full DMS integration.

I do not own a Cardo comm unit but wish I did, because apparently they work with the DMS system very well. Sena does not, a problem they are uninterested in fixing.

·
Registered
619 Posts
It sounds like your Cardo unit works about the same as the Sena gear, because those are the same problems I've got. My solution was to mount a simple and inexpensive bluetooth remote control (not for the headset, for the phone) on my dash. That way, I can control the phone, still have the dash controls functional for calls, and maybe best of all, I don't have to have my dash 'locked' into player mode just to skip a track on my headset.

I wish someone would hurry up and develop a good heads-up display for motorcycle helmets so we can move past this bike integration tech entirely.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It sounds like your Cardo unit works about the same as the Sena gear, because those are the same problems I've got. My solution was to mount a simple and inexpensive bluetooth remote control (not for the headset, for the phone) on my dash. That way, I can control the phone, still have the dash controls functional for calls, and maybe best of all, I don't have to have my dash 'locked' into player mode just to skip a track on my headset.

I wish someone would hurry up and develop a good heads-up display for motorcycle helmets so we can move past this bike integration tech entirely.
sweet baby jebus ... heads-up displays will be even more troublesome, I fear :surprise:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts