Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everybody,

Long time stalker but new member. Former owner of a Monster SR1000. Sold the bike over a year ago and have been stalking this Multistrada forum for the past year. There are lots of great threads and enjoyed reading them multiple times.

Last month, I bought a 2012 Multi Titanium. What an amazing motorcycle. It does it all. Fun, Fun, Fun, comfortable, storage, power!!! Rode up in the mountains and had lots of fun carving the corners with the saddle bags on.

Just got the 600 Mile service done. Time to see what this thing can do past the 6-7K RPM range :D

Looking forward to doing lots of riding and some touring trips. Any socal riders please let me know if you guys are planning any fun rides/meets.

In the meantime, I spent too much time ordering stuff online.

Mods Installed

Garmin 665
Garmin Sunshade
Navihalter
Touratech lock mount (temporary out of order)

Barkbuster
Kaoko Throttle

Evotech Radiator Guard
Evotech Oil Cooler Guard

Touratech larger foot side stand
Techspec tank grips

Givi E55 Lux - with remote & rear brake lights
Givi liner
SR312 Rack Mount

TERMIGNONI

Mods on order :sleep:

Altrider crash bar
Speedy Moto rear slider
Speedy Moto front slider
14t Sprocket from GEE BEE
Electric Day Pack Bag
TPX radar
SW Motech center mount
Powerhub Fuseblock
Scorpian Alarm SR-i900R

More mods are in the works to be ordered...
Blinder lazer jammer
Aztech spacers
and more...

I will try to do some write-ups soon on certain mods.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Is there a reason you're choosing the Blinder laser jammer with the TPX radar detector, and not the TPX laser jammer? I have the TPX system, works excellent and the harnesses on them are matched, of course, and work together with the wireless ear piece, audio and visual warning. Saves my bacon almost every time I ride. Easy to hide under the nose, in front of the oil rad. Very good looking color, btw. I'd like to hear if your bike runs hot with the Evotech rad guards, especially in hot stop and go traffic. They look like they block some airflow.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome.. LA owner here..

Nice ride. Curious how you installed the Kaoko and the Barkbusters? I have the Barkbusters and had the dealer install them and he could not seem to make them both work with out some fairly major work. I opted for the Barkbusters but would love the throttle lock. I have one on my GS and it works great.

I ride almost every Sunday up to the Rock Store or the Crest. Heading to Malibu via the canyons tomorrow. P.M me and we'll hook it up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice setup. I want the termignoni exhaust on my multi so bad. Love the sound. Just don't think they will fit with the touratech panniers. Damn.
Thanks! Have you tried calling Touratech? They might fit.

Gratz on the new bird!
Thanks!

Is there a reason you're choosing the Blinder laser jammer with the TPX radar detector, and not the TPX laser jammer? I have the TPX system, works excellent and the harnesses on them are matched, of course, and work together with the wireless ear piece, audio and visual warning. Saves my bacon almost every time I ride. Easy to hide under the nose, in front of the oil rad. Very good looking color, btw. I'd like to hear if your bike runs hot with the Evotech rad guards, especially in hot stop and go traffic. They look like they block some airflow.
I got the TPX radar on order. The TPX laser jammer is actually made by Blinder from what I have read online. So yes, basically I would be ordering the same thing. I think there is somebody that sells the TPX jammer (blinder) on ebay. I think that is the only way it will get shipped to CA.

Before I installed any of the Evotech the bike always felt quite hot in stop and go traffic. Not sure if the weather is helping either because it has been quite hot and humid. But since I installed the Evotech guards it does not seem any different than usual. The install is easy and the pieces are somewhat light weight.

Nice ride. Curious how you installed the Kaoko and the Barkbusters? I have the Barkbusters and had the dealer install them and he could not seem to make them both work with out some fairly major work. I opted for the Barkbusters but would love the throttle lock. I have one on my GS and it works great.

I ride almost every Sunday up to the Rock Store or the Crest. Heading to Malibu via the canyons tomorrow. P.M me and we'll hook it up.
Hello! The Kaoko and Barbuster was also quite easy to install. Just need to get the right part for the Kaoko. Twisted throttle sells two different types; kao.DUC100 and KAO.DUC101. The KAo.Duc101 is designed to be used for Barbuster.
Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control (Ducati Multistrada 1200 fitted with Barkbusters BLG12 Handguards) - KAO.DUC101 : TwistedThrottle.com

I took some pictures of the install and will post them later when I get home.

I'll send you a pm soon, that should be a nice ride tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Very nice job farkling the TiS...I have one also and like you opted for the Givi rear case, albeit the V46 Tech. I like that look.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice job farkling the TiS...I have one also and like you opted for the Givi rear case, albeit the V46 Tech. I like that look.
Thank you and congrats to you also. I got some of the good ideas from you!

·
Registered
351 Posts
With allthe mods I still didn't see the new LED custom tail light preordered from the group buy on your list, don't forget to sign up for it!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice setup. I want the termignoni exhaust on my multi so bad. Love the sound. Just don't think they will fit with the touratech panniers. Damn.
Termignoni does sound sweet. I'm surprised the Tourtech panniers don't work with the Termignoni. By the way, I'm right up the street from you in Barrington Hills, Illinois.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts