Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to all of this and buying a Pikes Peak. Would like to know, other then appearance, what can I expect to get from putting on just the Termi Slip on in place of the stock exhaust. Would sound improve? Would anything else improve? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Welcome, Mr. L-G!

There seem to be two basic kinds of Duc owners: those that add on every popular bling piece they can as soon as they can, and those who only add what proves necessary or desirable for their riding.

It's up to you to decide, but I would caution you to just ride your bike as-is until it is completely broken in at around 1500 miles or so, then assess what you may need. The stock exhausts get louder as they break in; so sound may not be an issue for you; and if the performance of your bike feels like enough, then the other (slim) benefit of slip-ons would be moot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As he said, ride the bike for a while first and then start changing things that will improve the performance and or riding style you have. But, there will be improvement with a termi exhaust and correct chip/mapping.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Termi Slip on

Thanks guys for the response appreciate the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts