Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea I do it every year between Christmas and New Years... Can't have any rust sneaking in.

From all dry and dusty:

To clean and oiled...

When I was in my teens and 20's New Years Eve was all about where the best party was going to be... lol now it's about having a day of peace and quiet. :)

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Hang on a sec.... you mean to say you've got all those clean pocketknives and you haven't whittled up an ocarina,or maybe a pan flute,or I don't know a new Ducati or something yet?

Well whattaya waitin' for! :giggle:

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang on a sec.... you mean to say you've got all those clean pocketknives and you haven't whittled up an ocarina,or maybe a pan flute,or I don't know a new Ducati or something yet?

Well whattaya waitin' for! :giggle:

So I've whittled a fair bit over the years... made me some impressive piles of chips.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Knives cleaned, weapons cleaned, silencers done, all done man. Anger in check, posture recognized, ready for 2020. Thanks for aminding the Coyote............ready, able and willing. Sound the alarm, I am there.

Too dark? Need to check yourself.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,184 Posts
Yea I do it every year between Christmas and New Years... Can't have any rust sneaking in.

From all dry and dusty:
View attachment 978196

To clean and oiled...
View attachment 978195

When I was in my teens and 20's New Years Eve was all about where the best party was going to be... lol now it's about having a day of peace and quiet. :)
What a cool thread. Doing this right now. Packing for a fishing trip to Patagonia right now. Trying to decide what knives to pack cause I’d hate to loose by favorites in the lounge but damn want them when I get there. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Bon Vivant
10,492 Posts
I too have a knife addiction. Mostly traditional pocket knives like Dave's but some modern folders and a couple of cool fixed blades. This christmas I picked up a couple of Todd Begg titanium flippers. Far too expensive most of the time but got a screamin good black friday deal this year.

Not my pic but one of the knives I scored:

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I too have a knife addiction. Mostly traditional pocket knives like Dave's but some modern folders and a couple of cool fixed blades. This christmas I picked up a couple of Todd Begg titanium flippers. Far too expensive most of the time but got a screamin good black friday deal this year.

Not my pic but one of the knives I scored:
That is a pretty knife... Todd Begg is too rich for my blood... but Iove me some damascus... my nicest knife is a Tony Bose (top in this pic). The bottom is also nice but not in the same class:

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Yeah, I have a few..........

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try stabbing someone in the chest, twist 3 times to the right...........

I orta not talk about knives.

Then theres a move where you cover their mouth and pull head to your strong hand and ease the blade into victims brain via the back of their head...........

Possibly you've missed? Right in the groin is the most effective blood letting way. Its a huge artery but, is messy. Jab and drag towards the balls.

Oh, pocket knives? Ive a few.........
It's a new year... give it a few weeks to get shitty enough to deserve getting cranky about... pocket knives aren't really good for stabby stabby, need locking blades. This one is sneaky though - size and shape of a normal trapper but with a locking blade.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
I dont mean to rain on yer parade. Edged weapons are part of my training. Iam fascinated simply because its a quiet weapon. I need to equate shit to a non combat civilian world That said, I apologize.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
Apologies my friends My brain aint quite rightt....

·
Bon Vivant
10,492 Posts
That is a pretty knife... Todd Begg is too rich for my blood... but Iove me some damascus... my nicest knife is a Tony Bose (top in this pic). The bottom is also nice but not in the same class:
I've always wanted a Tony Bose Case but have yet to score that. I do have a Case 1 dot stockman in damascus. I've collected a bunch of limited production traditional folders I even have a prototype 1 of 1 Sunfish from UN-X-LD. I try to keep my collection limited to knives with natural scales, no synthetic materials, and concentrate mostly on traditional pocket knives. I have a mixture of vintage and newer. I do stray once in a while when I see something exceptional but I'm not a fan of tactical designs.

Last year for my birthday Candie bought me a very expensive William Henry folder made from titanium with a Damascus blade and mammoth bone scales. I wouldnt have spent that much on any knife but she wanted to surprise me with something special and I was certainly blown away

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like one hell of a collection. I've focused on local producers for the most part because we've got decent options here (Case, Queen/Ka-bar/Schatt & Morgan). I also like natural materials... stag obviously is one of my favorites because of the traditional look - but bone and wood also appeal. Do have a few fancier... like mother of pearl.

Never been a huge fan of some of the modern inlays - but have some. I for the most part buy what I like and have been given many for gifts (family thing), some limited run stuff but quite a few normal production knives that I often throw in my pocket and carry.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Then there's interesting specialized knives like this pharmacists pocket knife (Queen) with a pill counter in place of one of the blades:

·
Bon Vivant
10,492 Posts
Dave it sounds like our collections are really similar. I also prefer US made knives but I do have some made in Germany and one made in France, both have traditions in knife making going back many centuries. I like to find a locally made knife to bring home when I travel out of the country.

I do keep mine on display:

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
I have a collection of mostly pocket knives, a few fixed blades and military. My main interest is easy opening knives, automatics or one hand openers. I don’t normally buy expensive knives because I lose whatever I’m carrying pretty often. Someone seems to come out with a new design self opener every year or two and I’m a sucker every time. I also have quite a few antique knives that I pick up at yard sales or whatever. It’s a sickness. Half the time I don’t even carry one.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts