Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my '93 SS back from having new head studs installed, and got my freshly restored Superlight Marvic's put on, along with a carbon front fender. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Beautiful machine!

·
Registered
589 Posts
VERY nice. Can you post a pic of the other side so we can see the wheel better? Beautiful bike though!!

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Awesome looking bike, nice job on the wheels too.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I'll post more pics when I get home tonight. Any idea if it's possible to fit a carbon rear fender without removing the rear wheel? I got the old plastic fender out, but it was kind of flexible and I could bend the little tab that goes around and mounts onto the chain guard. I don't want to try to bend this carbon fender, as it cost a fortune and it took months to get (made by the original supplier for the FE's).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks guys! I'll post more pics when I get home tonight. Any idea if it's possible to fit a carbon rear fender without removing the rear wheel? I got the old plastic fender out, but it was kind of flexible and I could bend the little tab that goes around and mounts onto the chain guard. I don't want to try to bend this carbon fender, as it cost a fortune and it took months to get (made by the original supplier for the FE's).

I removed my carbon rear fender for refurb without removing the wheel but I did have to bend the tab a little. I wouldn't risk it on a new one. Just pull the wheel - good excuse to adjust your chain tension while you're at it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice looking wheels VMan! I can't quite see the spokes but what did they do to restore them? Mine are in pretty good shape but I am relectuant to even use solvents or polish on them with that rough finish.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking wheels VMan! I can't quite see the spokes but what did they do to restore them? Mine are in pretty good shape but I am relectuant to even use solvents or polish on them with that rough finish.
The good thing is that my hubs were perfect with no corrosion (though very dirty) and the rims were just extremely dull but otherwise had no major scratches or issues. They disassembled the wheels and did some sort of cleaning process on the hubs and repainted them. The rims were then highly polished and everything was reassembled. The bearings appeared to be new so I left those alone. It's hard to see the color of the hubs, but they match the frame perfectly. The bolts were a little rough and I'm looking for a source to get replacements, as Marvic will no longer supply them.

I wouldn't recommend using any kind of abrasive polish on the hubs, just something very mild and a nylon toothbrush. I'll try to find what they used on mine before they painted them and let you know. They're mostly hidden behind the brakes anyway, and the polished rims are what really give it the pop. It's extremely time consuming, but you can hit those on the bike with a dremel tool and a good aluminum polish, like Blue Magic or Autosol, and it will make a world of difference.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Glad to see those Marvics are still out there doing street duty! :) They look great!

·
Registered
339 Posts
That is a mighty fine looking bike you have there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Mmmmmm....

Mmmm... Josephvman! that Duc is really nice! but... is that a 328GTB I see on the background???

Rosso 328???;)

Vickon:abduct:

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mmmm... Josephvman! that Duc is really nice! but... is that a 328GTB I see on the background???

Rosso 328???;)

Vickon:abduct:
Wow, you guys don't miss a thing! Indeed it is. 1989 model that just rolled over 10k miles. It looks on in jealousy as the Ducati's get all the action!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts