·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Sneak peek?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,022 Posts
If it really looks like the red photoshop version it might be the first Ducati since 2007 that I would love to own. :)

And I love winglets. I’m trying to find some for my Ninja400. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
If it really looks like the red photoshop version it might be the first Ducati since 2007 that I would love to own. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I think the winglets are cool, but a lot of guys don’t really know where they come from. In Moto GP, where electronics are very important, and not wheelee-ing over an inch or two is very important for rear grip and acceleration, only the factory teams, like Honda, Yamaha, etc., could afford to develop such finely tuned electronics to keep the front wheel at just the right height. So, the big teams started to get an advantage, too much of an advantage, so they made everyone start using “dumber“ electronics. Well, now Everyone needed a solution to over-wheeleeing. Hence the development of spoilers, wings, and winglets. So in a way, its a step back, but its fun to have your bike look like what you see on TV, so we got them. This might not be the whole story, but it’s the gist of it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
So in a way, its a step back, but its fun to have your bike look like what you see on TV, so we got them. This might not be the whole story, but it’s the gist of it.
Not buying your view of the "story" at all.

Aplilia had wheelie control since 2011? And was working great, all these imu systems get better with each generation. Tech goes forward never in reverse.

In motogp they put every team with the same tech for better competition.

The wings on the sf are mostly aesthetics, nothing to avoid flipping the bike.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Not buying your view of the "story" at all.

Aplilia had wheelie control since 2011? And was working great, all these imu systems get better with each generation. Tech goes forward never in reverse.

In motogp they put every team with the same tech for better competition.

The wings on the sf are mostly aesthetics, nothing to avoid flipping the bike.
Here, read this. It’s about 1/2 of the story. In essence there are no taylor made IMU’s for 2019. It was the electronics ban before this one that made it necessary to start putting wings on the bikes.
MotoGP’s next Electronics Ban, from May 2018.

In general principle your are right, but Dorna is always imposing limits, banning some things, limiting how much fuel you can have, giving weaker teams more fuel to help keep them competitive, or to keep costs down and to “try” to keep things a little competitive, ad infinitum. All racing is that way really. Every tier of every motor sport is limited because some people will always have a lot more money to upgrade equipment.

They could achieve the same thing with electronics that they do with the wings, but Honda would get it done first, and the lowest privateer last, so it was too unfair. And I think that is the whole point, they were already achieving this. So, now we have wings. Hey dude, I could be off a little, but I’m at least 50% right. lol.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Waiting for price tag (aka heart attack).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Therein lies the problem. $19k for a Tuono Factory or hell $22.5k for a S1000RR w/Select package AND the M Package which includes carbon wheels. Imagine how the revised S1000R is going be priced. o_O Meanwhile Ducati charges $5k for magnesium wheels :rolleyes:

But god this thing might end up being the 2nd prettiest girl of its class (Brutale 1000 is the Prom Queen)

·
Registered
725 Posts
The red photoshop is better than the alternative buglife model.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Well, the final version wasn't far off from all the concepts. Thoughts?

301 - 320 of 388 Posts