Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello everyone hope all is well. So im new to the Hypermotard 1100 evo but been through a few bikes.I really like this bike but it has a miss. It has a termi slip on double muffler on it and a servo buddy on it and some funky lights. Ive read countless post on this subject. So far ive put in a new battery and made sure the connections were tight.Ive put new plugs in and stripped the lights off did notice one was shorting out.Also ive put a new fuel filter in. At first the bike had a hard time starting but that is fixed now. Both coils are firing good but still a miss. Most say and the dealer says it needs to be flashed. But im wondering if I put the old stock slip on if the ecu would remember it? A flash from the dealer is like $400. and im tiring to rule out every thing first. Anyone have any ideas or advice? Id greatly appreciate it.:):)

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
Please give us more info on when it's missing. To say you just need a flash seems off. Especially for $400. If the dealer wants to check the current ECU and update it, I would expect to pay 1/2 hr labor. $400 sounds like remapping, which is not what you need.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It misses after 1000rpm and thins out after but you can still feel it throughout the rpms. It still has good power and goes strong but it doesn't go away. I also checked the timing sensor it looked good not dirty or damaged.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer says it needs to send it out for the flashing. And the bike has the stock ecu.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Dealer says it needs to send it out for the flashing. And the bike has the stock ecu.
The 08's can be flashed pretty easily with inexpensive hardware and free software. have a look in the Tech Section. By chance do you have a Power Commander? I had issues with firmware from a PC on my 08.

t_bare

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i did an experiment and put the stock slip on and it was much worse. So maybe a remap is in the future. It's the stock ecu anyone know a good remap guy?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts