Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
The TPS and harness were approx. $50 from Ignitech. The 8mm drill rod, 20mm spacers, and misc. M4 and M5 hardware was approx. $20 from McMaster-Carr. A local fabrication shop machined several of the TPS interfaces for $100. The rest was scrap aluminum and time.

·
Vendor
456 Posts
No, I meant the whole Shmear, the Hall Effect kit, everything. I mean, is it a $500 upgrade when you have everything tallied up?

Or more? Or less?

I kind of assumed that if you did the TPS it was to interface with the Ignitech and Liam's kits.

Thanks,

M./

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
On another note. Sometime ago we did a TPS kit for bikes fitted with FCR carburettors and Ignitech ignition systems. While the first design worked well and is fitted to my bike and a few friends bikes, the design did not offer a foolproof fitting and I was only happy to supply them when I could fit them myself and ensure that they were installed correctly.

After several months of attempting to come up with a solution my designer had a 'eureka moment' (Not sure if this occurred while he was in bath as it did for Archimedes). Anyway we have made a couple of prototypes of the new design that we will be testing these over the next few weeks on a couple of bikes to ensure that we haven't overlooked anything.

Once we have done this I will update this thread and our web site.
Any word on when the next batch of Hall Effect kits and TPS kits will be coming around?

Also - if I place an order for the whole thing, can you guys send the Ignitech unit in advance of the remainder of the components so I can get going on the setup while I wait?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Any word on when the next batch of Hall Effect kits and TPS kits will be coming around?

Also - if I place an order for the whole thing, can you guys send the Ignitech unit in advance of the remainder of the components so I can get going on the setup while I wait?
We have just released our TPS mounting kits for sale. the kit requires no milling of the throttle shaft or manufacture of any parts. You need only drill a single 5 mm hole through the throttle plate which you can do with your carbs mounted on the bike. For more information click on this link.

FBG FCR Carburetor TPS mounting kit (Includes mount & TPS) [FBG-FCR-TPS] - NZ $199.00 : FastBikeGear, Importers and Distributors of Motorcycle Accessories

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
liam - have you used the ignitech to replace a marelli digiplex??
Brad, nope but can't see any issue doing so. I have installed them on different models of Honda, Suzukis, Kawasakis, Yamahas and of course Ducatis with no issues. Feel free to email me [email protected] with any questions or call on +64 275 985 266

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
i have one of the units to try on a guzzi sport 1100. they tell me it will work, but i recall a guy years ago trying it on one of these guzzi without success. i think it's more a set up thing than anything else, but so far i haven't found anyone who has actually done it successfully.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
i have one of the units to try on a guzzi sport 1100. they tell me it will work, but i recall a guy years ago trying it on one of these guzzi without success. i think it's more a set up thing than anything else, but so far i haven't found anyone who has actually done it successfully.
Should be problem with that. I have used most of the Ignitech units including the CDI ones and the race units. (I stay away from the ones that also do the fuel injection, not because they are bad in anyway, but just because it is not where my expertise is.)

If you send me a photo of the pick up arrangement on the fly wheel so I can see the postion of the lobes and number of pickups I can send you a configuration file to get you up and running.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Some more important info on our SuperSport/Monster M900 TPS mounting kit

This kit mounts to the throttle cam mechanism on the paired/banked FCR carb kit commonly fitted to Ducatis. If you are running a spiit configuration (two separate cabs) I do not think our kit will fit.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Setting base timing

I'[m posting this here to keep as much info in the one place - hopefully.

In the FBG Ignitech manual it says to "Please read the section on setting base ( idle) timing in the FastBikeGear Ignitech manual before doing this step." I've read it 3 times ( I have Version 2, dated 2013 if it makes a difference? ), and I can't see where it tells you how to set it up, so I must be going blind or senial, or possibly both. I'm guessing one has to rotate the engine so the cam pulley marks all line up, and then set the FBG rotor with the magnets facing a certain way?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I'[m posting this here to keep as much info in the one place - hopefully.

In the FBG Ignitech manual it says to "Please read the section on setting base ( idle) timing in the FastBikeGear Ignitech manual before doing this step." I've read it 3 times ( I have Version 2, dated 2013 if it makes a difference? ), and I can't see where it tells you how to set it up, so I must be going blind or senial, or possibly both. I'm guessing one has to rotate the engine so the cam pulley marks all line up, and then set the FBG rotor with the magnets facing a certain way?
Not sure what version of the manual you have because I keep adding more detail to it. I am now up to revision 3.3 (version 33)

The sections you are looking for are covered on pages 23-25 in the current manual and are tittled

"Setting the advance on a Ducati 900SS fitted with the original Kukusan ignition system."

and

"How to determine the Base Advance with and Ignitech Ignition system."

If you want a free update to the latest version just email me [email protected] with your Your customer purchase code (printed on top of first page of your manual)

161 - 171 of 171 Posts