Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
I don't think it make sense to ship them to Australia, the shipping would cost as much as the coils. I bet you could get them from Liam in Australia for less

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Curious as to why?
Wrong impedance range. The energy that can be stored in a current if proportional to the square of the current. The lowere the impedance the more current you can drive through the coil.... go to low however and you overheat the coils.

Current = voltage/impedance

Power = current squared x resistance.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Guys this is a picture of hall effect component kit and mounting system fitted to a Ducati 900 SS.

Hall Effect devices provide a much more accurate and consistent ignition signal (no missing sparks at lo RPM) with no hysteresis type timing variations and no variations due to how close the pickups are mounted to the lobes as with the standard inductive pickup system used on the carburetor 900 SS engines.

Triggering off the cam drive wheel allows us too get rid of the wasted spark which gives us twice as long to energise the coils.

Being external to the engine makes it very fast and easy to advance or retard the base timing. At present we are supplying the electronics, mounting cover and hall effect mounts as a component kit. Customers need to machine the rotor clamp (aluminium bit you can see in the photo and the rotor to our drawings but we are also going to experiment with printing the rotor and clamp.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Liam, just checked your site, but didn't see the kit with the mounting hardware. Sending you a PM.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Will get the pricing on the web site shortly. Trying to decide if we also include the rotor and rotor clamp that mount on the cam wheel in the kit or leave it to people to machined these for themselves from our supplied drawing. We can probably 3D print the rotors and get a local CNC shop to do the rotor clamps if there is enough demand.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Will get the pricing on the web site shortly. Trying to decide if we also include the rotor and rotor clamp that mount on the cam wheel in the kit or leave it to people to machined these for themselves from our supplied drawing. We can probably 3D print the rotors and get a local CNC shop to do the rotor clamps if there is enough demand.
AS one who has the Ignitech system in their wish list - if I were buying one of your kits - I would rather pay for the complete kit, instead of having to mess around getting the last couple of bits machined up. Just saying...

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
AS one who has the Ignitech system in their wish list - if I were buying one of your kits - I would rather pay for the complete kit, instead of having to mess around getting the last couple of bits machined up. Just saying...
Hear, hear, I'm all for turn-key installations, I'll always pay for the full kits if they are available.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #112 (Edited)
Hear, hear, I'm all for turn-key installations, I'll always pay for the full kits if they are available.

OK hear what you are saying and agree. I will get the fitting instructions finished hopefully today and then get a quotation for the rotors and clamps so I can put the final kit pricing together for a complete kit.

I think we are looking at a price of about $160 for the Hall Effect mounting kit including the mounting cover, mounting clips, Halll Effect Pickups, magnets our much more extensive Ignitech manual and instructions for fitting the Hall Effect kits. I am probably looking at about another $40 for the rotors and CNS machined clamps. I like the idea of doing the clamps in alloy (round alloy bit in the photo I posted earlier) rather than printing them as I think they look much better in alloy. I am going to change the detail on the clamp to further improve the aesthetics.

Unless there is universal consent on some other colour I will anodise the rotor clamps silver.

What I need at this stage is some indication of who is interested so I can work out how many units to base my costings on. Originally this project was just to prove a point to myself and make a couple of kits for friends. But it is now very easy to make more kits.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I want both kits. As I already have an Ignitech, I'm also interested in the converter kit that allows me to use my existing unit with the hall-effect kit.

Thanks!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I want both kits. As I already have an Ignitech, I'm also interested in the converter kit that allows me to use my existing unit with the hall-effect kit.

Thanks!
Here's a link to the Frankencati running with both the TPS and Hall Effect Kit. Pick up is a little rough with no load on the engine (and a little too much fuel squirting into the inlets from the FCR fuel pumps) but it's a fun little clip anyway.

https://youtu.be/l6u5wi9Mvjo

·
Registered
354 Posts
Put me down for the whole lot - Ignitech, tps, hall effect, the works. My bike is totally stock ( except for Termi pipes ) so I'll need everything. Guess I'll be ordering a set of flatslides too - who's the best vendor, Chris Kelly?

Regarding the anodising colour, I'd prefer black so it doesn't stand out. I like to keep things looking as stock / factory-original as possible, or at least to the untrained eye.

Can't wait to be back living in Auckland for good later this year.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Put me down for the full shebang too - I'll pop a note in the TPS thread too ;)
Already got the racked FCR\s

101 - 120 of 171 Posts