Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from my other post:

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/ducati-sport-1000/30352-tyres-classic.html

So don't know if someone might be able to help???

My rear tyre has now given up the ghost. So time for some nice new black sticky stuff... But obviously this bike is blessed with (un-sealed) spoked wheels on the bike.

So my dilema... which tyres to go for??? I would love some nice sticky sports tyres, but is it possible?

So can i possibly find out what you are all running;

Are you all using these with the original wheels?

I know that the Michelin Pilot powers/sports are good tyres, although I was always keen on Bridgestones on the 749 and 996). Are any of these ok to be used with an inner tube?

Soz, just never rideen anything with innertubes before, but then never had spoked wheels before.

Or any other advice or directions will be greatly received.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I am running the stock rims with tubes. I have Pirelli Corsa 3 fitted.
These are a huge improvement from the original tyres that came with the bike.

I read a lot of opinions on them before I bought them. A few comments I did read was, that they are great in the dry, but if the road gets wet, they aren't that good. I never ride in the rain, so its not a problem for me.
You however, live in the UK, where I imagine you get your fair share of rain.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
93 Posts
Too easy

Go to an established tyre place. They will give you exactly what you want, they know, its an honerable trade. I got a mid price sports tyre, don't remember the name, fantastic tyres. I sometimes miss the slip and grip and slides of the original tyres.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I am running Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's (dual compound), sticky on the outside and a tad harder in the middle for better mileage. I can't sing enough praise for these puppies in all conditions! No more stepping out all over the place as I was with the Pirellis :D

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have Pirelli Stradas on my GT....if they get any better than that...you would need a stop watch...to measure...night and day difference to the OEM rubber.

It gets down to what you are comfortable with....your choice....just make sure you check your pressure...do it before each ride...learn to love the maintenance on your bike....my Duc is my girl...

·
Registered
204 Posts
I run Bridgestone BT016, best sport tyre I've ever used! Super sticky on road and track, multi compound and warm up very quickly. Definately worth trying....they are OEM on new GSXR1000.

You'll have no issue running any tyre you want with the spoked wheels and tubes.

They are OK in the wet also..I should know living in Scotland!

R

Following on from my other post:

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/ducati-sport-1000/30352-tyres-classic.html

So don't know if someone might be able to help???

My rear tyre has now given up the ghost. So time for some nice new black sticky stuff... But obviously this bike is blessed with (un-sealed) spoked wheels on the bike.

So my dilema... which tyres to go for??? I would love some nice sticky sports tyres, but is it possible?

So can i possibly find out what you are all running;

Are you all using these with the original wheels?

I know that the Michelin Pilot powers/sports are good tyres, although I was always keen on Bridgestones on the 749 and 996). Are any of these ok to be used with an inner tube?

Soz, just never rideen anything with innertubes before, but then never had spoked wheels before.

Or any other advice or directions will be greatly received.

·
Registered
238 Posts
:cool: Im running the newest Z6 Interact. I'm extremely happy with them! The stock Phantoms were crap.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I just wore out a rear Pirelli Strada but have gone back to Pilot Road2s, they last longer and are much better in the wet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts