Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Hello,

Second day of ownership of my new 2008 Tri-Colore S4RS :):D:)

And I'm happy to report I'm having a ball on it:D What a super fun machine, just like I knew it would be! I really didn't expect it to be so light just to sit and move it around, I mean it's like lighter feeling than my first Honda 100 of those many years ago!

What a blast this thing is! Been wanting an S4 since I took an '05 on a demo down at the Glendale shop when they came out, had a '03 BMW K1200RS then and I'll tell ya that was a super-great bike itself, wish I still had it.

Anyway, sat on a Tri-Colore they had at the Ducati tent area last year at the World Superbike races at Miller Motorsports west of Salt Lake City and wanted one from that point on.

Went to the races again this year and told myself enough is enough, find one, get one.

So I found one, and I got one:D:):D Very, very pleased with it!

Two items for the moment I could use some help with locating:

1) tank guard material so my knees won't be scratching the tank.

2) Protective screens for the radiators.

Glad to meet you all in advance, sorry it took me so long to come to the party:):D:)

Regards,

Scott

·
Registered
60 Posts
congrats~~
I have tri colore too. Tank guard for your monster would be a stom pad that you can easily find in ebay.
Protective screens for the radiatiors, I would recommend the one from Moto Corse for other s4rs, but I recommend the one from Riding House(it has letters in tri-colore so it matches perfect) for Tri-colore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike is #287.

I did a search for "Riding House" but didn't come up with anything. Can you post a link to their site, I wouldn't mind checking them out.

Otherwise looks like Cox Racing may have the answer.

I gotta go put my hooligan face on and git giggy with it:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bike is #287.

I did a search for "Riding House" but didn't come up with anything. Can you post a link to their site, I wouldn't mind checking them out.

try this link:
http://www.riding-house.com/ You'll find a couple of pictures of the rad and oil cooler guards on the site or I also have pictures on my Flickr photo site. I agree, for the Tricolore, these look the best!

BTW, I have one and a half Tricolores to my name; Both project bikes: Bike #299 was supposed to be a rebuild project and has turned into a parts bike. :(

The other, #367, is sitting about two hours away; waiting for me to finalise the paperwork to bring it home to Canada! :D Pictures of both are available at my Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Cheers,
Frank (Franco58)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bike is #287.

try this link:
http://www.riding-house.com/ There are some pictures there of the guards, or you can see them at my Flickr site below.

I agree, for the Tricolore, these look the best, but they want a money transfer (I think) in Japanese Yen at the time of the sale!

BTW, I have one and a half Tricolores to my name; Both project bikes with need for TLC: Bike #299 was supposed to be a rebuild project and has turned into a parts bike (Donor parts from this one will end up on the second bike along with some aftermarket parts). :(

The other, #367, is sitting about two hours away; waiting for me to finalise the paperwork to bring it home to Canada! :D

Pictures of both are available at my Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/

Cheers,
Frank (Franco58)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need to make a correction, my bike number is 298, I wrote 287 earlier. So #298 it is and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

What a blast it is to ride. My buddy has a '05 999S so he's got about the second coolest bike in town now :D We had a nice little spirited ride Sunday morning up a little curvy rode south of town, good stuff.

Yeah, I checked out that Riding House site, kind of hard to read. I would think they might increase their business if they had a better translated site.

Probably get me some of those Cox Racing screens since the site reads a little easier and I can support the Northwest region while I'm at it.

On another note, the bike has died twice on me sitting at a light at idle. I wouldn't have thought that it would do that. Hope it was just getting broke in jitters in it that clear up. Not a problem, just would prefer it not do that.

Cheers

·
Registered
698 Posts
For question 1) I would suggest the following product:

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

I have one installed on my bike and I'm very happy with. It's perfectly clear so the tank shows in all it's splendor while still protecting the tank. For about $20 it's well worth it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I need to make a correction, my bike number is 298, I wrote 287 earlier. So #298 it is and that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

What a blast it is to ride. My buddy has a '05 999S so he's got about the second coolest bike in town now :D We had a nice little spirited ride Sunday morning up a little curvy rode south of town, good stuff.

Yeah, I checked out that Riding House site, kind of hard to read. I would think they might increase their business if they had a better translated site.

Probably get me some of those Cox Racing screens since the site reads a little easier and I can support the Northwest region while I'm at it.

On another note, the bike has died twice on me sitting at a light at idle. I wouldn't have thought that it would do that. Hope it was just getting broke in jitters in it that clear up. Not a problem, just would prefer it not do that.

Cheers
Well, I know that #299 was sold in Asheville, NC at Meyers Motorcycles. Ironically, the second bike I bought was originally from the same area, but now carries an Ohio title.

Yeah, they're amazing machines! I was hooked back in 2007 when I first rode a pearl white S4Rs at the local Ducati demo day. When I realised that a new bike was just out of reach (I had one on hold and ended up having to buy a new van for the family :(), I started looking at other avenues. Since I've always been a gear-head, working on bikes has always been a fun hobby for me. I'm really hoping that I can get up and running soon; they're an amazing bike to ride!

The Riding-House site has an english translation, but it is a bit rough to read. Considering that their prime market is at home, I'm sure that it doesn't cause them too much grief. Besides, I fully agree with you about buying at home if you can get the parts there! Keeping the money at home will help kick-start the economy again (here in Canada too!) rather than sending our hard-earned cash to Japan.

I haven't heard anything about stalling problems with the fuel injected bikes before. It might be a break-in issue. What grade of gas are you running? I think the bike calls for premium, but again, I'm not 100% sure. How many miles do you have on it? It might be worth a call to your local Ducati shop to ask the question. If it's an adjustment or anything more, then it's better to give it back to them while it's under warranty!

All the Best,
Frank

·
Registered
698 Posts
...Keeping the money at home will help kick-start the economy again (here in Canada too!) rather than sending our hard-earned cash to Japan.....
So it's OK to send our hard-earned cash to Italy but not Japan? :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
For question 1) I would suggest the following product:

http://www.thetankslapper.biz/

I have one installed on my bike and I'm very happy with. It's perfectly clear so the tank shows in all it's splendor while still protecting the tank. For about $20 it's well worth it.
Hi,
Do you have any close-up pictures? The tank-slapper site says that the static-cling material could lift; have you ever had this problem?

Thanks,
Frank (Franco58)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hi,
Do you have any close-up pictures? The tank-slapper site says that the static-cling material could lift; have you ever had this problem?

Thanks,
Frank (Franco58)
I don't have any at work but here is a Sport Classic with a kit on it:

http://pakbikes.net/PS1000LE/TSINSTAL.html

Since my tank is mainly wait it's even less visible then the really hi-res pictures taken above.

I haven't had any problems with the material lifting.

I'll take some pictures tonight so you can see it on the bike.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have the Cox radiator cover and Tech Spec snake skin tank grips on my red tank. The tank grips were purchased from Matrix Motorsports (great people that work there).

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another item I wouldn't mind improving is the seat. Seems like a good number of pics and posts mention the DP Gel seat, that may be my first mod. More comfort, more enjoyment, ya know! My butt ain't getting any younger.

Damn this bike is fun!

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have the DP Gel seat, most comfortable seat I've ever owned. That includes many Corbin's and a Sargent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So it's OK to send our hard-earned cash to Italy but not Japan? :D
Apparently so, otherwise, we'd all be riding different bikes, wouldn't we! ;) If we are forced to buy domestic, then we'd all be riding Harleys or Buells...:eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Agree with you Franco58. If an American company made a bike like a Ducati I would be buying American. Harley, Buell or Victory bikes do nothing for me. Same reason I prefer the Ducati over a Japanese bike. I’ve owned many but they just don’t make me smile like putting Duc between my legs does.
However if an American made product is available that fits my needs I will by it over the foreign equivalent (including Italian made).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Agree with you Franco58. If an American company made a bike like a Ducati I would be buying American. Harley, Buell or Victory bikes do nothing for me. Same reason I prefer the Ducati over a Japanese bike. I’ve owned many but they just don’t make me smile like putting Duc between my legs does.
However if an American made product is available that fits my needs I will by it over the foreign equivalent (including Italian made).
Yeah, we're on the same page there! I've got a '98 Honda VTR (Super Hawk in the USA) that I've been riding lately, but it just doesn't have a "spirit" or much of a personality like the Ducatis do. I'll buy in Canada where I can, but if I can't get it here, then I'll spend in the USA before sending the money across the pond.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts