Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

They call me Gary I'm 27 years old and I always wanted a Ducati!!

I grew up in N.Ireland watching road racing, moved to Canada at 18 and got my first bike when I was 20 a 1981 Yamaha 400 then a 2003 ZX6RR (its a track bike now) had a 2003 V-Storm DL1000 for a year (not really my thing) and then I did it!.....

Just got my 2009 Ducati 848 last fri, Ive only done 700km on this bad boy. I love her.

Came across this site by chance, thought I would give it a look see

Cheers
Gary

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there anything I need to know about this bike? other then the fact its awesome!

lol but really, anything?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome...

Getting mine tomorrow...can't wait...1 more sleep...

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
welcome aboard and congrats on your choice, everyone who has one loves it. we need pictures though or it didn't happen :)

there have been lots of these threads lately, do a search for 848.

i can't give you specific advice on the 848 but the first thing you should do provided you have evidence of all maintenace being up to date is get the suspension sag set.

stick to the service schedule religiously, they like to be looked after.

oh and resist looking at aftermarket bits for as long as you can, it's very addictive once you get started :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
First and foremost, welcome to the site! This place will provide you with TONS of information on your new bike and a bit of entertainment too. The bike is an outstanding piece of machinery. It doesn't have the top end pull of an inline 4, but the power curve is smooth and constant; it won't disappoint you. You won't have to be as concerned about being in the proper gear for corners because the high torque of the bike allows for margin of error. It's light, very flickable and suprisingly quick. I'd highly recommend you get a steering damper asap as (and I'm sure you noticed) it doesn't come with one. I came from a 2000 Ducati 748 into the 848 and it's a world of difference for me. I'm not at all disappointed with my decision to make the change (although to be honest, I still like the look of the 916 series bikes better than ANYTHING). Maybe someday I'll have another, or even better yet, a 998 :D . Once again, welcome and enjoy both the site and your wonderful new bike.

·
Registered
1 Posts
understand

boy do i understand.....thought i have flirted with ducati's since the 70's thru the 90's....but couldn't afford them for the track club racing etc back then....now i still have this stigma and appreciation as i always did, but the reliability/maintenance is much much better and my "NEED" is much more emotional and less practical....plus they have always been the bike I wanted but couldnt purchase.....

...so....congrats on the 848.....Im gonna pull the trigger on a duc as well....this weekend..

D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, site looks great I'm sure I will learn lots from it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!:D

EDIT - I didn't even see Bill306's post before I posted. So this should tell you what you are in for!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts