Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for a while and just joined. I plan on getting my SF shortly but wanted to ask some questions.
1. What kind of mileage do you guy get on your bikes?
2. I'm a little unclear about the DP ECU. If I get Termignoni slip ons with the chip, is that considered the DP ECU? Does this mostly fix the low end fueling?
3. Can the bike be reverse shift easily, i.e flipping the linkage on the transmission shaft?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Silvrsled...I'm a newbie and have been lurking too. I have a SF-S with full system Termi's. So...from one newbie to another:
1. I have about 2300 miles on the bike now with a manufacturer suggested proper break-in. She's been getting anywhere from 43 MPG if I take it easy on the loud handle down to 37 MPG for some "spirited" rides. I get 40 MPG regularly.
2. I'm still not totally clear on this one either with regard to the slip-ons. While there is always room for improvement, the full system and ECU cleaned up the fueling a decent amount. It pulls from 2500 RPM without bucking and stuttering but you can still tell she's not 100% happy.
3. Haven't done it myself because I have no interest, but have seen it done on SF's.

·
Registered
36 Posts
1. I have about 4000 miles on my bike and depending on the driving, I get between 36 and 46 MPG.
2. My SF is stock and I don't have any fueling issues. I don't get below 2000 RPM anyway and above that no problems (and I'd call her 100% happy).
3. Shouldn't be a problem. You just need to find the right lever. I guess one of a superbike could work...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum for a while and just joined. I plan on getting my SF shortly but wanted to ask some questions.
1. What kind of mileage do you guy get on your bikes?
2. I'm a little unclear about the DP ECU. If I get Termignoni slip ons with the chip, is that considered the DP ECU? Does this mostly fix the low end fueling?
3. Can the bike be reverse shift easily, i.e flipping the linkage on the transmission shaft?

Sorry for the newbie questions.
Welcome to the forum.
1. I get about 130 miles before my fuel light goes on. I have gone an additional 24 miles on the reserve before I refueled.
2. I have the Termi slip ons with the termi ECU and its has cleaned up the low end snatch and jerk quite considerable where I dont even notice it any more. Other have moved to a 14 tooth front sprocket and have had success
but I have my sprockets all stock. Different persons have different results but I am very happy with my result.
3. Reverse shifting is easily done and some on the board have it. I have seen one in person.

Overall, I am very very happy with my SF and have no regrets. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
About 40mpg is pretty normal for me too.

The Termi slipons and ECU don't completely bypass the emissions system. According to my dealer, only the full system ECU allows tuning below 4K.

·
Bon Vivant
11,249 Posts
About 40mpg is pretty normal for me too.

The Termi slipons and ECU don't completely bypass the emissions system. According to my dealer, only the full system ECU allows tuning below 4K.
That's interesting since (According to my dealer) the full system ECU and the Slip-on ECU have the same part number...

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's interesting since (According to my dealer) the full system ECU and the Slip-on ECU have the same part number...
Really? That would be great news if you could toss a powercommander on there and get rid of the damn flat spot. I live at the foot of a mountain road, and trying to get on the gas smoothly after a hairpin is a real challenge.

·
Bon Vivant
11,249 Posts
Really? That would be great news if you could toss a powercommander on there and get rid of the damn flat spot. I live at the foot of a mountain road, and trying to get on the gas smoothly after a hairpin is a real challenge.
Well unfortunately because the full system uses the o2 sensors I'm assuming it's the other way around, meaning you can't tune the full system ECU with a PCV either.

I hope I'm wrong on all accounts but so far I haven't seen any evidence to suggest I am.

I do believe that a pro-tune from motowheels can be programmed to put you bike in full open loop mode. Then you could tune it with a PCV

1 - 8 of 8 Posts