Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Welcome...

1. Check the kickstand to see if it loose. It's a terrible problem with first generation Multistradas. I posted a fix if your threads are shredded.
2. Make sure you attach the battery fairing cover because it is known to fall off.
3. Slow cranking is just something you live with...there are "fixes", but it's a hit or miss...

·
Registered
2004 Multistrada 1000
1 Posts
Congrats! I picked one up last winter and have been having a blast all spring/summer! It really is a beautiful fun bike. So practical and it’s aged really well. I get compliments on it every time I’m out.
The biggest complaints have been the ethanol in gas in the US swells up the plastic tank (can’t believe it’s not metal) and the fuel sensor going out is a common issue, it’s also related to the ethanol in the fuel. I guess they didn’t use a strong enough epoxy to cover the fuel sensor and the fuel eats through it and causes a short.
the gas tank does have a recall tho, so if you ever run into that problem, check first if the recall was done on it.
nice color on that side panel and bags. very unique.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts