Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Ducati 748
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought this 2000 748 has 17k miles on it, not sure If it's an "R" or anything like that as I am relatively new to Ducati's. Bought it after not riding or have a bike for the last 10years.. my 6year old daughter passed away on July 9th from seizures out of nowhere. And I felt wind therapy might help, thought I'd check out this community page to learn more about the bike and also to ask some questions sorry if this post is in the incorrect location thank you for having me!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hey, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get all the info you may need. Looks like you have a regular 748 biposto. Great bike no the less. Sorry to hear about your daughter, there are no words that can be spoken to alleviate the circumstance. Such is life I guess, I also use a bike for therapy to deal with anxiety. Ride safe and accept my condolences.

·
Administrator
12,437 Posts
Truly heartbreaking to hear about your daughter, I hope the riding does give some comfort and peace from your grief. Glad you found us and hope you stay around.

Reactions: Cedez707

·
Registered
2000 Ducati 748
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hey, welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get all the info you may need. Looks like you have a regular 748 biposto. Great bike no the less. Sorry to hear about your daughter, there are no words that can be spoken to alleviate the circumstance. Such is life I guess, I also use a bike for therapy to deal with anxiety. Ride safe and accept my condolences.
Thank you and anxiety is a new thing for me so I completely understand!

·
Registered
878 Posts
welcome aboard, nice 748 mate, where are the mirrors?

Condolences on your loss, no words will help i'm sure.

Ride safe

·
Premium Member
1997 748 Mono
62 Posts
Welcome to the forum, so sorry about your loss. I bought a 748 with similar mileage a few months ago. Lots of help here, no question too basic as you learn your way around the bike.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So very sorry about your loss. As others have said, I have no words...
Sweet looking bike. I always liked the 748. Enjoy it and watch out for the ever increasing number of idiots on the road, even from last you were on two wheels. Peace!

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Welcome to our little community @Cedez707... I think you'll find it to be the most important "accessory" for your Ducati. Like the others I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your daughter.

Ride safe and remember to keep the rubber side down... ;)

·
Administrator
12,437 Posts
Thank you! I see you're nearby! Sac, I'm in Vacaville
We will have to rendezvous for a ride and lunch or dinner sometime. Another member @Iwannaduc is also very close to you.

Also consider coming to our West Coast Meetup next summer ;)

·
Registered
2000 Ducati 748
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welcome aboard, nice 748 mate, where are the mirrors?

Condolences on your loss, no words will help i'm sure.

Ride safe
Thank you, the previous owner removed them I put some after market ones on the bike 2 days ago

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome back into the fold :)

So first things first, did it come with a service history?

Belts need to be changed every two years regardless of mileage...

·
Registered
2000 Ducati 748
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome back into the fold :)

So first things first, did it come with a service history?

Belts need to be changed every two years regardless of mileage...
No service history at all😑

·
Bon Vivant
10,912 Posts
Welcome cedez - riding can be great therapy but friends and fellowship gained from riding is even better. I hope it helps.
As far as belts - some guys like to change their belts more often but I have no problem going 5 years between belt changes. If you cannot get in touch with the previous owner to find out when they were last changed it might be a good idea to do it for your own peace of mind.

·
Registered
2000 Ducati 748
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Makes sense, do you guys recommend doing it yourself or taking it in? I'm a city heavy duty bus mechanic but bikes are bikes lol... Also does anyone know if adding one of those aftermarket gear indicators works or not?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I sort of know how you feel. I lost my 15 y/o son 3 years ago. Riding definitely helps me clear my mind. I would do a complete service on it just so you know that it’s been done. I have a 748 and I just did mine last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2000 Ducati 748
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your daughter. I sort of know how you feel. I lost my 15 y/o son 3 years ago. Riding definitely helps me clear my mind. I would do a complete service on it just so you know that it’s been done. I have a 748 and I just did mine last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's a beautiful bike and so sorry for your loss as well, that's the plan gotta find a good place that can do it near ne

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thank you! I see you're nearby! Sac, I'm in Vacaville
Hi Cedez, my condolences to you, and your family. I’m just over the hill in Fairfield. There are a few other members here in VV too....we have enough locals between VV, FF and Travis to have our own bike night! Hit me up if you need assistance with anything.....sean

1 - 20 of 27 Posts