Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! A couple weeks ago I picked up an excellent condition 2001 996 which happened to be my long time dream bike. I finally got the chance to buy one so I jumped at the opportunity!

Already done some tasteful modifications to it, one picture is the day I bought it and the other is after some modifications.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,040 Posts
Very nice! Congrats and welcome to the club!

If you could, please fill out your location info and add your bikes to your signature line in the UserCP...and enjoy the forum!

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Already done some tasteful modifications to it, one picture is the day I bought it and the other is after some modifications.

You call THOSE "tasteful mods"? @Chuckracer... ban this man!

Kidding of course... beautiful bike. Another classic saved by someone who understands. Welcome to the crew!

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Welcome and nice looking bike! I love what you've done to it. The CF front fender and white number plate decal on the nose looks sharp!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awesome pictures! I just picked up a 996 myself. Haven’t done much with mods except a fresh oil change and purchased some Dunlop sport max plus tires for it. Mine still had the original rubber lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very nice! Congrats and welcome to the club!

If you could, please fill out your location info and add your bikes to your signature line in the UserCP...and enjoy the forum!
Thanks! I’ll look into updating my signature

You call THOSE "tasteful mods"? @Chuckracer... ban this man!

Kidding of course... beautiful bike. Another classic saved by someone who understands. Welcome to the crew!
Haha thanks! Yea trying to keep it period correct with a few modern touches to help it be a little updated looking. Really not many of these around it seems so I have to keep her clean.

Only thing I want to add now is CF intake tubes and that’s it for cosmetics. Then it’s just staying on top of maintenance to make sure she’s stays in good health.

I see your from CT!!! We should get together for a ride sometime!

Welcome and nice looking bike! I love what you've done to it. The CF front fender and white number plate decal on the nose looks sharp!
Thanks. I added the white plate to mainly protect the nose from chips. All original fairings so want to help save the nose from chipping. If you look close the pin stripe matches the copper on the tail!

Awesome pictures! I just picked up a 996 myself. Haven’t done much with mods except a fresh oil change and purchased some Dunlop sport max plus tires for it. Mine still had the original rubber lol
Awesome, congrats! Most important is maintenance. I got lucky and this had its valves done, fresh belts, and a full chassis service last year (only 300 miles since that service) and fresh oil. So I was able to spend a bit on cosmetics. If maintenance needed to be done that would’ve been first and foremost.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hello everyone! A couple weeks ago I picked up an excellent condition 2001 996 which happened to be my long time dream bike. I finally got the chance to buy one so I jumped at the opportunity!
Welcome, and 'grats on the 996. I picked mine up a few years ago....kept it almost exactly as it was when I got it. Other than the required repairs to make it both legal and rideable.

As you state...don't see many of them around anymore. At least, not on a daily....unless you went to Ducati Island last weekend. I seldom see one if I'm out for a ride. 'Grats again, great feeling when you wake up to find that you weren't dreaming anymore.....sean

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome, and 'grats on the 996. I picked mine up a few years ago....kept it almost exactly as it was when I got it. Other than the required repairs to make it both legal and rideable.

As you state...don't see many of them around anymore. At least, not on a daily....unless you went to Ducati Island last weekend. I seldom see one if I'm out for a ride. 'Grats again, great feeling when you wake up to find that you weren't dreaming anymore.....sean
Thanks! I’ve seen one near me two years ago. About snapped my neck looking back at it! Haha

Yea it’s surreal that I actually own one and see it in the garage. I grew up around the 916 family of bikes when my dad was a tech at a Ducati dealer. Now at 29 I’m finally able to own one haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts