Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding 2001 750s when it starts!
Not sure where to post the problem details so here it is
Have been through loads of threads re starting problems but none seem to cover my problem.
Fuel pump is not priming when ignition is switched on.
Relays are good and bike will crank even though fuel system has not primed?
Removed fuel pump and it runs fine connected directly to battery.
Traced wiring and have battery voltage through brown/white wire 4 pin connector under tank and if I connect the pump here to brown/white and black wires pump runs for 5 seconds and then stops as it should.
I still have battery voltage up at red wire at pump connection in the tank after passing through the low fuel level sensor but only if the pump is not connected! As soon as I push the 2 pin connector in on the pump the voltage drops to 0 and the pump obviously wont run. If I connect a bulb in line instead of the pump that wont light either.
If I connect a wire across the 2 connector pins instead of the pump I can get the battery voltage right through to battery negative at ECU pin.
If I check the 2 wires through the low fuel level sensor continuity is good for both and there is no short between them.
Am I missing something obvious or do I just need to get a new low fuel sensor on the assumption that thats the only thing stopping the pump from priming correctly. Can anyone explain to me how this occurs? Electrics is not my strongest discipline as you may have guessed. :confused::confused:

·
Administrator
13,019 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome to Ducati.ms, super glad to have you here as a member.

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section, that can help if there might be someone local to you give a hand or find new friends to take a ride.

I am going to copy your thread over to the Super Sport Forum section to see if you can get some help. You should also check our Tech Forum.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,367 Posts
It's a magic portal. A portal that can whisk you off to wondrous places beyond the imagination of man. Beyond the infinite horizon. If you need directions, just stop and ask Glog. Don't ask Lurp. Lurp's an asshole.

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
It's a magic portal. A portal that can whisk you off to wondrous places beyond the imagination of man. Beyond the infinite horizon. If you need directions, just stop and ask Glog. Don't ask Lurp. Lurp's an asshole.

God damn Lurp.......somebody orta shoot that bastage........:laugh:

Oh yeah, welcome aboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts