Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to motorcycles and driving in general, and would really like to own a bike. I really like the look of Ducati's and decided to sign up here and get some wisdom from you guys on which models are better. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im speaking on behalf of the other members here when I say, welcome to the forum but please give a little more info on yourself as your asking a very hard question to answer without some background info like what you are looking for in a bike and what type of riding you will mainly do???

Also, use the search tool, there is a ridiculous amount of info on this site, most answered can be found with almost every opinion by reading old posts.

For a new rider, I honestly do not think a Ducati is the right choice to gain experience, but if your heart is set on one, I would look at the 696 monster.

Cheers.

Mike

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree. As a first bike, a Ducati may not be the wisest decision. I've been riding for 15 years and just got a Ducati this past year. Wrecking (hopefully you wont) would be devastating. You may lose confidence and would also pay a fortune to repair a Ducati. I don't mean to downplay your capabilities, I just think a Ducati is a really big step for a first time rider.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
If you like the look of Ducati, have no experience driving or even riding, I suggest you start on a Mito 125.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's actually not a first bike, at the moment I have a 89' Yamaha YX but I'm looking for a Ducati as I believe I have gotten experienced enough(Started riding with my permit, now I'm 17). Of course I wouldn't buy a new bike, but something nice. The Monsters are nice, but if I do go check one out what are their weak spots, what breaks, what should I look out for. I just mainly ride to school/work.Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
Save your money so you is looking for a used one?
starting out right ,do lots of research and then ask questions about one you are thinking of getting .
Decide what type of riding you are going to do.
It took MANY of us YEARS AND YEARS before we got our first Ducati.
So that is the reason for the type of responses you are getting so far...
Hang out at a Ducati dealership and look at and sit on them all , till they throw you out , check out the used ones and seek the wisdom you need to get the first Ducati.

You gotta start somewhere...
Good luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have little to no experience on a bike and want learn on a Ducati get one of smaller Monsters - 696 or 796 max if you have plenty of spare cash;) Or get one of the older second hand Monsters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts