Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took the plunge on a red non-S model they had in stock.

Sold my 900 monster, test drove the demo yesterday and was :D

May pick up tomorrow or Friday!

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
welcome aboard! hope you got the neat finance deal... no payments til spring. Either way, 6 months into mine and each ride is still exciting.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes - got the interest and no payments deal plus - the extended warranty.

The dealer also gave a little on the price which really helped. I have wanted to buy from them in the past and wasn't able. I am glad to support this small guy owned shop who has great customer service!

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Good lad..The smaller dealer probably gives that little better service as he cares a bit more

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They helped me once with my speedo cable. I asked for a new one which was not in stock, he sent his mechanic out with a used one and installed it in the parking lot - NO charge. I ordered the new one and kept for a spare.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Congrats on the bike. My previous Duc was a M900 also, Y2K vintage, although with 56K on the clock I figured I'd just keep it.

You're gonna love the SF - it really is an incredible step up from the older monsters. Go easy with the brakes, they're way more powerful.

·
Registered
412 Posts
congrats cozzb. hope you enjoy mile after mile as much as we all do

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I loved my monster - considered keeping her but, I got a fair offer from a great friend who will love her too. Didn't think I would sell it as I had mods in progress to stave off another bike purchase.

I just bought a custom painted tank for it and now have no use for it as the friend wants it with all the Dark bodywork on it. LOL someone will buy it I am sure!

Calling for snow this weekend :( So maybe I will pickup on Monday..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Calling for a storm in Virginia (where I am). Like 10-14ish they say...

I am headed to North Carolina (calling for 2-4 inches) tomorrow to deliver my monster.

Oh to have the warm fall back...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
We are getting your cold front here Monday, high in the low 70's , brrrr.

12inches of rain today, so no riding here either. My pool is about to flood over:)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Calling for a storm in Virginia (where I am). Like 10-14ish they say...

I am headed to North Carolina (calling for 2-4 inches) tomorrow to deliver my monster.

Oh to have the warm fall back...
Where in the big VA do you reside, cozzb? I'm in Hampton Roads. :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I loved my monster - considered keeping her but, I got a fair offer from a great friend who will love her too. Didn't think I would sell it as I had mods in progress to stave off another bike purchase.
Just as long as it went to a good home.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am an hour west of DC out towards the mountains.

Guido - poor baby!! lol

Monster went to a great home. I need to dig up some pictures.

·
Registered
457 Posts
New steetfighter too

Just traded in my 848 for a Non-S Red streetfighter. Also got the promo finance deal with the extended warrenty and ordered a set of Termi slipons.:D

Rode about 100 miles yesterday. Thought I was not going to like the instrument panel because it displays less data (at once) compared to 848 but it is no big deal.

So far I am very happy with the bike. Great power and no wrist/neck/shoulder fatique after the ride.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I just bought the Shift-tech carbon buckle guard - does anybody know how easy it is to mount it correctly? Does the tape peel off with heat if I mount it crooked? I had my old carbon buckle guard siliconed on and it was a BITCH to get off! If you want something to stick on the tank forever, use silicone!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I used to do with those is get a dry erase marker. Place it on the tank and center it and draw an outline. Take the backing of 3m tape and line it up with marks. Voila (Unless you have a black tank...Hmmm)

Another way is to line it up and put masking tape and kind of put side to side marks in tape. Same deal then stick it on.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Where in the big VA do you reside, cozzb? I'm in Hampton Roads. :)
Good to see some more guys from VA. I grew up in Leesburg and went to school in Norfolk.

I am jealous of the snow you guys got but we are supposed to get more snow here within the next couple of days!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts