Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked this up off the auction site and am awaiting its arrival.
What to do next?
Do I put it on now and ride it for the rest of the riding season?
Send it off to the be rebuilt and re-sprung and wait the winter to see how it feels?
Or should I just set it on my workbench and stare at it for a couple months?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks pretty new how many miles on it? If it's low throw it on and see how it feels and if you don't like it rebuild it over the winter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So I picked this up off the auction site and am awaiting its arrival.
What to do next?

Send it to me and I will thoroughly test it over the next 10 years and even send you a report with pictures of how nice it looks on MY bike.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
Run it. See where you are once the season is over. May not need a thing. Might want to go up or down on the spring. Maybe it leaks, maybe not. Only way to find out is use it!

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I traded a pair of st2 cams for it. Sort of.

Cheers
Nice job!

Future:
Get the TiN front forks, rear AL swingarm, and then you'll be needing to add an "S" to the ST2 decal on the fairing!

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job!

Future:
Get the TiN front forks, rear AL swingarm, and then you'll be needing to add an "S" to the ST2 decal on the fairing!
Stick,
I already have the AL swingarm and CF hugger! :laugh:

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Stick,
I already have the AL swingarm and CF hugger! :laugh:
Then it's just a matter of the forks and a decal ! UR almost there!!!
Shoot, I forgot, what about the Marchesini's ?? ((or better?)

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I am with everyone else here unless it is leaking I would put it on ant try it first. A stock spring is too light unless you are light yourself and if you are going to a very heavy spring you will want to re-stack the shims internally to compensate for the stiffer spring. Best way to tell is to mount it up and check sag, then adjust your settings.

If the bike had over 18000 miles you will want to change the oil but if it was low miles you should be able to just re-spring it and ride.

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
^
You need to stop! :wink2:
I'm just sayin'...
No. The RULE: If all the ST4s "upgrades" aren't on it (less the 4V engine!), then you cannot add the "S" to the ST2 graphics.

There, I said it!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts