Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone and Happy Easter

I just bought a 2000 Monster 750 in rough shape, but I’m looking forward to fixing it up.

It needs carbs and an air box, but I think that’s all. The engine spins and the gears shift so I may get lucky.

I had a 696 Monster before and I liked it a lot. I have a new XDiavel now and I’m restoring an old Norton Commando, but this monster was too good of a deal to pass up so I bought it.

If anyone has a yellow rear seat cowl or turn signals, please let me know.

·
Administrator
13,025 Posts
Happy Easter. Where are you from in NorCal? Congratulations on the new bike.

·
Administrator
13,025 Posts
Funny, I always thought of North Coast as California and now I find out there is other NorCoast places, guess I need to expand my horizons :D

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha, I used to live at the beach in New Jersey for about 30 years. Did a lot of boating. That’s where norcoastal came from. I guess I’m not on the coast anymore, but I like the name.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good luck with the resto. I'm north of you, Capital district. I picked up a running 2000 M750, that was going to spend winter outdoors. I've been tidying it up for the last couple of months. Getting close now!

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Buy some eBay turn signals and spend you money on a set of FCR’s since you need carbs anyway.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck with the resto. I'm north of you, Capital district. I picked up a running 2000 M750, that was going to spend winter outdoors. I've been tidying it up for the last couple of months. Getting close now!
Hi, before the virus I was in Albany and Latham every week. I run a bunch of radio stations in Albany.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buy some eBay turn signals and spend you money on a set of FCR’s since you need carbs anyway.
I have to assume that FCR’s is some sort of fuel injection. Can I add later model fuel injection to this engine without a lot of mods?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just looked up FCR’s. There are good reviews and bad reviews. Are these that much better than stock carbs? I’m not a racer, I’m just going to be knocking around town.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,371 Posts
Hi, before the virus I was in Albany and Latham every week. I run a bunch of radio stations in Albany.
Hey. Wait a minute. I think we've met on a ride or two with a guy out of CT that would come up to the Hudson Valley occasionally. Does any of this sound familiar?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello Everyone and Happy Easter

I just bought a 2000 Monster 750 in rough shape, but I’m looking forward to fixing it up.

It needs carbs and an air box, but I think that’s all. The engine spins and the gears shift so I may get lucky.

I had a 696 Monster before and I liked it a lot. I have a new XDiavel now and I’m restoring an old Norton Commando, but this monster was too good of a deal to pass up so I bought it.

If anyone has a yellow rear seat cowl or turn signals, please let me know.

View attachment 982825
I almost bought the same bike on eBay. Following!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts