·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Good for you mate -looks nice

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
Awesome bike!
These seem to be much more rare than 900's, most of them I know of in the north east us were raced and who knows where they are... well I do have 2 frames. But good compete running 750ss carbys are hard to find. Enjoy!

For the 900 owners fyi
750 frames in the us did not crack
Never had bad studs
crank plugs are not an issue
still can have bad rectifier
early swingarm that is more prone to crack.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome bike!
These seem to be much more rare than 900's, most of them I know of in the north east us were raced and who knows where they are... well I do have 2 frames. But good compete running 750ss carbys are hard to find. Enjoy!

For the 900 owners fyi
750 frames in the us did not crack
Never had bad studs
crank plugs are not an issue
still can have bad rectifier
early swingarm that is more prone to crack.
Yeah, I got lucky. It's pretty much all original except for the pipes, brake lines, and windscreen. Oh, and the mirrors too.

I believe it was one of your older posts on what to look for that helped guide me on this purchase, so thank you very much! On all counts.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! I miss my old '92 750ss. Took it on a few longer trips. Great bikes.

View attachment 986416 View attachment 986418
Your old 750 looks sweet 👍🏼 I've never seen a white framed Ducati in the flesh, only in pics. Looks good!

I plan on using this bike for a few road trips myself. Forgot to mention that it came with Heli bars. Much more comfortable than my CBR lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Your old 750 looks sweet 👍🏼 I've never seen a white framed Ducati in the flesh, only in pics. Looks good!

I plan on using this bike for a few road trips myself. Forgot to mention that it came with Heli bars. Much more comfortable than my CBR lol
Yeah, It was a great bike. Unfortunately, I found myself in need of cash and had to sell it. It was a sad day when I watched its new owner drive off.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, It was a great bike. Unfortunately, I found myself in need of cash and had to sell it. It was a sad day when I watched its new owner drive off.
Ohhh man...I know that feeling

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I got lucky. It's pretty much all original except for the pipes, brake lines, and windscreen. Oh, and the mirrors too.
Not sure where you are located, but I have the original mufflers that came off my SS if you really want a set. The new owner didn't want them, and I couldn't bring myself to toss them. They have a few scratches IIRC, but were taken off and replaced with Cobra F1 mufflers when the bike was first sold.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure where you are located, but I have the original mufflers that came off my SS if you really want a set. The new owner didn't want them, and I couldn't bring myself to toss them. They have a few scratches IIRC, but were taken off and replaced with Cobra F1 mufflers when the bike was first sold.
Thanks for the offer copperhead. Luckily, the elderly gentleman who sold me the bike kept the original mufflers. He's supposed to ship 'em to me once he gets a quote, and receives payment. If it doesn't work out, I'll let you know. I'm in San Diego, California 🤙🏼

·
Registered
1993 750SS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
What are those side saddle bags?
They're made by RKA. There's also a matching tank bag that we couldn't find the straps for, so I didn't mount it. They were included with the purchase of the bike.

Not sure if they still make this style saddlebag, but here's a link:

RKA Saddlebags

Edit: They're really nice bags. Lots of room, and very sturdy. Hit me up with any questions. I can also snap some pics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts