Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
whats the motor number?

The motor could be a 750 or a 620. Does /did it have a oil cooler? if not probably 620. looks 2001 or later but cases number will have type (monster or SS) and year.

Trust me you will notice the light flywheel. cams? probably 5-rwhp and should be noticeable. There are some Veetwo cams that are NOT good street cams as they are 1/2 ring breakers, most are fine but one grind.... makes power though so racers love them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The engine number is LA3X000989.

Its turns out, my 97 already has a nichols flywheel. So, that's nice. I don't really want to get into my engine right now or do a swap, so I think I will post the 944 kit and heads for sale now with prices on the high side. If they sell, I'll get some wheels and if they don't, I'll use them when I have to tear down for my next belt change and valve adjustment. I can send them out ahead of time for inspection and freshening up and make a quick weekend of swapping them on.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Are there any good tricks to holding the cam in place to remove the nut on the end . I want to remove the cams so I can identify what they are.
Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hmmm. the veetwo cams are marked on the shaft. I have one at the shop I think I will see if I can find it.

LA3X is the model and year so the cases are 1999 My notes are at work but being a small case motor in 1999 in the US I would bet on a 750. Monster could have been carbureted and a supersport would have been injected.
I've been trying to do some cam research and all of the vee two cams ive seen were marked at the end of the shaft. These are not. I sent an email to vee two, so we'll see what they say.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I heard back from Brook Henry about the cams. He said they are not VeeTwo cams but a copy of another cam. He said the only way to find out what they are exactly is to install them and measure the timings. Oh well, I guess the quest continues.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well that truly sucks

41 - 51 of 51 Posts