Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a well maintained 2010 S Touring model. All recalls have been complete with no issues at the moment, but I do have a couple of questions regarding upgrades.

I'm looking to add the Ohlins SCU. Where would be the best place to purchase it from? Also, any suggestions on setting sag before installation?

The previous owner added an Akropovic slip on, so I'd like to add a decat that works with this slip on. Any suggestions?

Finally, I really want cruise, so I'm think a tune and cruise TuneBoy. Is this something I should do myself or have the dealer take care of? Not sure I care too much about the quick shifter, but if it isn't much more, I'd consider it. Again, suggestions on where to buy?

Only other thing I'm tempted to mess with is the windscreen, but I'll figure that out later.

James

·
Registered
885 Posts
If its got the stock wind screen, well its crap, you could cut it down, or replace with another make. You will need a heavier Ohlins rear spring if it hasn't been replaced already, stock is .85, replacement is 1.0kn, the stock spring is too soft. i set my rear preload on 16max for 2up, 12 with luggage, 9 solo in all modes i.e. sport-touring. solo sport mode i have around 65mmF and 55mmR sag with rider aboard. The SCU is a great improvement, i still have a sport setting set for a solo rider in sport mode as i find the SCU settings very hard on tires. Front preload from memory was 5 turns out from fully in, I'm around 75kg plus gear. Great bike the 2010, still luve mind, 78,000Kms.

Reactions: Turu

·
Super Moderator
8,239 Posts
What he said.
Best 3 bang for buck upgrades
1. Remap - The 10-12 Engines are WAY powerful. better even then a -15 dvt in stock spec, but the fueling needsa adressing. Either a termignoni ECU or find someone like tomtom who can program it into your stock unit.
2. Öhlins SCU - Availble from dealers, just google, but also hit ebay and the classifieds. This is a very Close second to my No. 1
3. 15/42 gearing. No doubt. It just adds hyperdrive in full Power and now you can actually creep in 1:st gear. Still tops out at over 160mph, so no sweat on the high end

On other notes..
4. Windscreen - Yeah, the stock item is pretty bad. a "shorty" was my solution and it works great up to about 90mph even on long days.
5. Cruise.. Tuneboy has a solution, but its not exactly a "very instructive and easy install". Just be prepaired to be frustrated. They also have the remap option, spend some time on the phone with them.
6. Exhaust.. For sound, go with a decat, but Power or torque isnt affected. At all. My bike made identical numbers between stock pipes and Termignoni full system. Sounds nice now though
7. GPS holder - Go with the "Navihalter" from navihalter.de

As Always.. check ebay and the classifieds for parts over time.. The re-gear is only Worth doing if your doing the chain and front sprocket for example. The remap is the one I would look into. PM tomtom and see if he can reflash your stock unit. It´ll have to make a trip to Sweden, So your bike will be down a few weeks, but also check with your dealer if they can offer or Heard about a local solution.

Reactions: suruppak

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yea the extra 2 teeth on the rear sprocket make a great difference, i replaced front rear and chain at 25,000Kms, i also got the quick release carrier so make sprocket changes more easily. I've got the termi full system with the supplied ECU, and the bike runs nice.Oh the heavier rear spring will help in regards to scraping the big stand, but it still scrapes, so I've removed mine and only use it for tire changes.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Congrats on your purchase , 2010 to 2012 have a lot of intense power .

Tuneboy cruise works great , install was fairly easy once the Tuneboy software was communicating with the motorbike ECU , in my opinion that is the hardest part of the initial ECU reflash , the software instructions from Tuneboy lack a lot in that regard , however the product is fantastic . Once you use the hardware and software interface a few times the connection is easy , like a lot of software programs the more you use it the easier they become . I never had cruise control before this bike , but find I use it all the time now.

The Cordoba strain gauge QS from Tuneboy works great up and down once your familiar with it and have tweaked the settings in the Tuneboy software ( kill time and blip pressures ) . Not a must but nice too have .

I personally use the Leo Vince decat and the fit and quality were good , but check to make sure it will fit your Akropovic . You will probably need to adjust A/F ratio with a variety of options , I use the Tuneboy Tune option on which I currently have 3 separate trim file maps loaded and am very happy with it .

Ohlins Mechtronic ECU is a must .

I never felt the need for a stiffer spring , but I only weigh 180 lbs and never ride 2 up.

I'm no computer geek by any means but if you read the Tuneboy literature thoroughly that comes with the product you will be able to install it , I would never get a shop to install it unless they were very familiar with it .

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the SCU was the best upgrade I did to my 2012 when I had it. Clear and noticeable improvement in suspension ride and performance. I had the TuneBoy cruise control on mine, it was great. A little annoying in terms of activation and no bump (I didn't want to hack my bike up to get the speed bump controls) but still totally worth it IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts