Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have been lurking on the forums before and I am hopefully (this week) picking up my first ducati--- A black Multistrada 1100s. 2008 with 7K miles. Ducati maintained and had the 7500m maintenenace done. Have a question that the guys at the shop and I haven't found an answer to. I fit the bike well, im 6'2, but I wear a 17EE shoe. Getting extended foot control levers would be awesome to make the bike fit perfectly but I haven't been able to find any. I guess I could go to a custom fabricator, but was hoping for an easier solution. Secondly, does anyone have a line on a pillon seat delete cowling to take the rear pillon off?
Looking forward to my first Ducati.
Ndpendant
Paul

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,371 Posts
I understand the need or want to make your bike yours but there is really no need to extend the rearsets even lower than they already are. Think about clearance issues or throwing off the ergos of the bike. Your money your choice I guess but that bike is perfect if its been properly maintained and would serve you well to just enjoy and learn it. How much are they asking btw? Post a picture when you get it. GL

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
I've never seen any extended foot controls for the air cooled bikes. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but I'd suspect you'd have to get something custom made.

Several companies have made rear cowls for your bike, but accessories for first gen multis are getting a bit scarce. An online search, e-bay, etc. may turn up something for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
levers

I understand the need or want to make your bike yours but there is really no need to extend the rearsets even lower than they already are. Think about clearance issues or throwing off the ergos of the bike. Your money your choice I guess but that bike is perfect if its been properly maintained and would serve you well to just enjoy and learn it. How much are they asking btw? Post a picture when you get it. GL
Im not looking to lower the rear sets, I just was looking for a shift and brake lever arm that are longer 2-3 inches. they would stay in the same paralell orientation to the ground and bike as the stock levers, but my foot is so long that I have to swing it around the levers. This has been a problem with every bike, just was hoping for some magic solution. I did find a company called HAMMERHEAD Designs, that makes a 20mm slight offset set of levers that fit the current rear sets. I heard back from SW-Motech and they only make levers for other models currently.
Thank you for the reply
paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never seen any extended foot controls for the air cooled bikes. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but I'd suspect you'd have to get something custom made.

Several companies have made rear cowls for your bike, but accessories for first gen multis are getting a bit scarce. An online search, e-bay, etc. may turn up something for you.
IVe been searching, I did find a video of a Sargent seat that had an atachable cowl for rear pillon removal, Ill call them next.
Thank you!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hammerhead Designs makes extended shift levers for your bike. That's the biggest thing you'll need to worry about as you need to get your foot under the shift lever. It's not as much of an issue with the rear brake.

Give that a shot before you haul off to find a customer fabricator.

Reactions: complexCarlo
1 - 8 of 8 Posts