Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s been more than 10 yr since I sold my 1098R, but I’ve come back into the Superbike world once again. I just picked this up from a fellow NJ Ducati.ms member (great guy!). Bike is flawless. Will post more pics tomorrow when sun finally comes out.

Just ordered new tires for it, though I won’t be able to ride it until I figure out how I’m supposed to register it (all NJ DMV offices are still closed due to COVID-19).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
715 Posts
Nice. And I believe the rarest “R”.
Actually, the 2001 996R at 500 made is the rarest R, followed by the 2002 998R (700 made). If you count the 450 bike run of the 1098R, then that would be it but they made a second batch of Troy Bayliss 1098R's. That was when they did a throw back to the homologation rules and only needed a few bikes made, unlike 3000.

The 999R has a bit over 2000 and they made them from 2003 to 2006 with several rolling changes. Only the Panigale R has more R's made than the 999R.

The 999R is a very sweet bike. If I had room I would totally add another one.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
My wife is super happy you bought that bike. It looks good! Can't wait for more pictures, have to live vicariously through other folks ;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice R, congrats racerboy
Is this in lieu of the yellow 998 you were trying to track down?
Yeah. I am one of those folks who wasn't crazy about the 999 when it came out, but it has definitely appealed to me in the past couple fo years. It's probably nostalgia. I figured I've already owned a 998 so let me try this. LOL. Can't wait to ride it once NJ lets me register it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts