Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a 3 hr ride to Kassel ( 1 hr NE of Frankfurt) I was able to bring this clean 1995 Superlight back home to my podunk village of Nanzdietschweiler (near Ramstein AFB). Stay tuned for many more questions to follow. The first thing I have to do is get ride of the suicide side stand. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
Its not hard to modify the stock bits to remove the "over centre" pull. if you watch the side stand in action you can see the bits that affect this (small plate that acts on side stand bolt/pin attached to the spring) my meomry is faded on this as its near 15 years since I did my original one.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
if you look at the side stand, you can see where the bolt "head" sticks out stopping the standleg from moving fully forward - on my old 96 , i simply cut the head of that bolt with a dremel a hack saw would werk just has fine

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I blew a couple hours deregistering the bike from the Germany system and then getting temp military plates. I finally got to take the SL for a jaunt through the German country side. It has a lot of torque down low and with a dry wt of 178 kg it really pulls through he gears.

I am looking to mount a Garmin 550 GPS and was thinking about Techmounts (fork tube or the handlebar/stem mount)

Also anyone have a line on an aftermarket seat. Seems sargents no longer makes them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just ran her up to Baumholder to get an inspection and now I have permanent plates. Gotta love sustained 100-120 mph jaunts on the Bahn. I do not think I can ever go back to the states. I suspect I would be in jail within a week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts