Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first classic due yesterday after years of wanting one. It's a 1975 Ducati 860 GT. I know they are considered the ugly ducking of classic Ducati's but I think she's beautiful. Run's great and in awesome shape for a nearly 40 year old bike.

She joins my Ducati Diavel Carbon Red and Honda VTX1800 in the growing stable.

Any suggestion on good websites for parts (please no snickers, somehow I get the feeling parts are hard to come by...not that she needs much) please pass them along. I'd like to get the seat refurbished, so if anyone has a good suggestion for that let me know as well.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SP3. Very helpful.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought my first classic due yesterday after years of wanting one. It's a 1975 Ducati 860 GT. I know they are considered the ugly ducking of classic Ducati's but I think she's beautiful. Run's great and in awesome shape for a nearly 40 year old bike.

She joins my Ducati Diavel Carbon Red and Honda VTX1800 in the growing stable.

Any suggestion on good websites for parts (please no snickers, somehow I get the feeling parts are hard to come by...not that she needs much) please pass them along. I'd like to get the seat refurbished, so if anyone has a good suggestion for that let me know as well.

Here's the one I just picked up. You've got the electric start. Someone has added a second front disk, a GTS seat (note they left the frame alone, whereas on mine it was cut). Yours looks very well taken care of.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Here's the one I just picked up. You've got the electric start. Someone has added a second front disk, a GTS seat (note they left the frame alone, whereas on mine it was cut). Yours looks very well taken care of.
Nice looking bike. Mine photographs better than it looks in real life. She definitely has some character blemishes but all very minor. I tend to like the imperfections on these old bikes. Ironic considering I can't stand a single spot being on my new bikes. Anyway, She seems really sound mechanically as well. I just did a 35 mile ride on her. The electric start and horn don't work, so she needs a kick start the good old fashioned way. I look forward to some good times with this bike.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your 860.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Nice bikes. Spares situation probably best of all the old Ducatis, with one or two exceptions, due to many having been broken and parts not being collectable - yet! I suggest that the first mod to do is to replace the ignition system with a modern one, as the original is not condusive to engine longevity or sweet running.

·
Registered
48 Posts

I see no electric start,and the seat is later GT-the GTS seat was more rounded at the rear.
Both nice looking bikes,ready for blinging.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts