Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, today was my first ride on my new to me '14 Pikes Peak. It came with Altrider header guard and full suite of RG protectors. I added my CooCase 48L that I had on top of a Bang Fab rack and an Altrider Side stand enlarger. Here's a quick pic after I got to work.

My question is during my ride today, which really is my first ride over 1 mile, is does the screen flicker when at idle? Mine when I'm at a stop light, pulses or flickers. I don't loose anything, just notice it. As soon as I pull away, it stops and goes back to normal. Is this normal operating, or is this a sign of something else. It has a new battery, but there really wasn't any miles put on the battery. I've had the battery on a tender for about a week, since it came home with me.

Also, I hit a huge frost heave on the highway and from that jolt, the red traction control was flashing and the check engine and oil light popped on, briefly, then went out?

I'm wondering if there's a loose ground somewhere, causing both issues. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Never mind, figured it out. The positive terminal was not affixed properly. When the battery was changed, the bolt on the positive was tightened, but not really. The SAE (battery tender plug) had a small diameter and gave a false sense that the bolt was tight.

I had to perform a road side fix on my way home tonight, as she died. Glad it was easy enough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts