Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am new to the HM scene and want one reall bad!!!!! I have my eyes on the "S" model and wanted to know for you guys , if there was anything i should know about the 08' vs the 09' hyper. what im looking for is if there are any Cons on the Bike ??? I know what the Pros are , I have ridden the 1100 model and really like it , havent found the S model yet to ride it..

Let me know what you think.. 08 vs the 09

Thanks, like the site alot tons of really good info ..

Brad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hyper

09 has smaller front forks. Love my 08 S model, more fun than any of my other bikes, 998R and the Desmo. Needs a bigger fuel tank. There is an aftermarket one out there, saw it at Laguna.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hyper

09 has smaller front forks. Love my 08 S model, more fun than any of my other bikes, 998R and the Desmo. Needs a bigger fuel tank. There is an aftermarket one out there, saw it at Laguna.
I rode the 08 1100 hyper (wasnt the S) and really liked it . I know there is a difference between the nonS and the S model forks . upgraded. I for sure want the "S" model. but is there any thing i need to look out for ? ECU issues , having to re-flash the bike ? things like that .. I just want to make sure i buy the right model (08 or 09) i'm a bigger guy 6-2 , 240lbs and ride pretty aggresive.
Thanks for the help !!!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Buy the standard model, it's a hell of a bike!! That way you can throw some money into some mods and make it your own bike.
Apparently the S model front is pretty crappy. Not sure about the 09 S as it now has Kayaba shocks.
For me the standard bike is great and I spent what I saved from buying the S on an exhaust, ECU, carbon, race seat etc, and I still have money left over.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've got a standard and used the change for a 2-1 Termi pipe kit with ECU and so on. Its a beast.

People that paid extra for an S will tell you that the lighter wheels, ohlins shock, monobloc brakes, better forks were money well spent though.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
My well-appointed 08 Hyper Standard is up for sale ... at a SCREAMING deal. You couldn't buy a stock bike for anything near the price I'm asking.

Here's some highlights:
DP Cams
Full exhaust
NCR Carbon Bodywork
Scott's Damper
Beast R Intake
Nichols Flywheel
44T Supersprox 520 sprocket (new chain and front sprocket as well)
Carbon rear hugger
DP Race Seat
DP Carbon tank cover
Factory Warranty still in effect

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
With the S you get the rims . Seems you need to get an ECU or a Fat duc to fix some stalling issues on some hypers, Do more research, don't take ones comments as gospel. reguarding the forks ,Like Blondes or Redheads, Fords or Chevys , personal prefferences...

I don't think you can go "WRONG" either way ,

New or Used ??? If you buy new the right dealer can make a big difference.

Used ??? The $$$$ saved ..I think a broken in Bike has its merits..

See above poster can't hurt to check it out ...

Research Research get lots of education.. Make an informed decision.whats right for you,,

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have an '09 and I don't seem to have some of the problems the '08s are reporting.(stalling...fork issues ect)

Just something worth considering.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Guys , Thanks for the info... I hear so many different things regarding the 09 vs the 08 . and whats better. :confused:...

Scott2 > i'm with ya bro , i am really looking into this !!!! It's driving my wife nuts!!

Da_Bull >> you have a message !!! nice > really nice ...

Again , Thanks for all the info , if you have any other ideas or suggestions, please let me know , i am open to hear it all good or bad ...

Awesome info ...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you checked Ebay recently. There's two (check that, only one left) 08 "standard" Hypers on sale for around $8000 with less than 300 miles on them.
If I didn't have my S already I'd seriously consider one of those and then personalize it as I pleased with all the money saved.

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Thats half the fun Driving the lady nuts...They like it it is a sign of affection

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats half the fun Driving the lady nuts...They like it it is a sign of affection
Ha hahahahaha, I hear that ...
I have been jonesin to get one for a while, and had the chance to ride the 08 1100 standard model last week , came back with a ear to ear grin and all the wife asked is where did you go the strip club ?? hahahahaha...

thanks for all the help.. you guys are great .. I will have one soon !!!!!! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive ridden both standard and "s"

and bought as mint used standard .had it a year .its still completely standard ,

and it rocks mate.

your not going to be dissapointed what ever your choice :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts