Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there. I'm not new to forums, really, as I've trolled a many gaining tons of info on all sorts of topics, I've never posted anything, ever.

I hope I'm allowed to be on this forum - - - as I don't YET own a Ducati. I've been riding since I was 18 years old, and I'm 49 now. I've owned everything - several metrics, before I could afford more. After several Harleys I decided to move up in technology and went to a BMW R1200GS adventure. Loved it, but it was just too much for the daily commute (although I bet I would've much better enjoyed the NON-Adventure version of that bike for my purposes). Sold that for my current 2016 BMW R1200R (naked roadster). And I really like this bike. It really meets all my needs. Well except one: my wife hates riding on the pillion. She needs a backrest and a little more room.

But forever I've been eyeing the Multistrada. Very similar to my R1200GS, but seems more refined. And it has a removeable top box to give my wife the backrest she so wants. So I went out for a test ride last week on a new 1260S touring. Holy Crap! The most fun I've had on a bike ever. So I came home and told the wife - and now I'm saving to pay cash for that beautiful beast.

So here I am, doing my research. I hope I can join the club a little early. I'm pulling this trigger...its just going to take me a couple months as I don't do the financing thing.

·
Administrator
12,892 Posts
Well with a post like this and considering you are from my hometown (yes there really are people that were born and raised in San Diego) you are SURELY welcome to post here and be a member :D

Come on up to NorCal and ride with us sometime. Enjoy the forum!

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
I haven’t ridden the 1260 Multi but I did ride a xDiavel with that motor and it is sweet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts