Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

New forum member and new Ducati owner-

At 42 years old, after having this bike for 3 weeks I can't believe it's taken me this long to own a Ducati- it really is an engaging experience. I've owned an old beemer (78 R100) since college, and after buying a house with a garage a couple years ago realized it was time to catch up on some of the bikes I've thought about over the years. I spent the two years restoring an old Vf1000r, which has been fun and good experience, but what a heavy bike that is! I was looking for something light, vintage and fun to ride. Have looked periodically at ducatis over the years, always wanted an 851 but never had the money. I rode a stock 748 a year ago and was a little disappointed with the torque. Came across this bike recently, and after speaking to both previous owners, decided to dive in. It is a 97 748 monoposto with an 855 kit done at Ferracci in 1998. Original owner spent a good deal on it getting the cams dialed in and the kit working right. He sold it after 8 years and 3700 miles. The next owner had it in storage for several years while he was overseas. It has just hit 5k, I've had the belts done, replaced the clutch slave and changed the oil/fluids. Sounds terrific with the carbon pipes and has a nice surge from 4k on. It's been dyno'd at 100.2 hp and 63 ft lb, but I've read FBF's numbers are always high...
Anyway, excited to learn how to work on a new bike and rediscover some western MA roads on this thing! :grin2:

Best,

Aric

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, interested in an aftermarket saddle if someone has working they're looking to pass on. I'll post in the classifieds.

AR

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
I looked at that bike a few years ago when the original owner was selling it.
Nice bike with tons of paperwork and receipts...

Good score! :)

·
Administrator
12,902 Posts
Hi and welcome to Ducati.ms :)

Please fill in your location information in the UserCP Edit Your Details section then enjoy the site. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts